El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, so earlier today I had my elky on a lift at the exhaust shop. Found out both bolts that hold the transmission to the transmission mount are gone. Can anyone tell me what the proper bolt is? I need to know asap. Btw, its a thm 350 in an 84 el camino

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
I didn't think any of the T350's were metric. Is it the original tranny? 7/16 X 14 X 1 with lock washers and or locktite.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Guys, I urgently need to get a replacement set of bolts for my tranny mount. I have a TH350. Are they going to be the same thread as above, i.e. 7/16ths?

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Probably too late, but the TH350 did have a metric version. "Metric" is stamped into the pan and on many there is a "M" cast into the bellhousing area. That started sometime inthe 80's is all I remember.

So it could be either,,, 7/16-14, or whatever metric bolt is just a hair smaller. I can tell you for sure, if you use the wrong bolt,, you will be looking to helicoil it in the very near future.

Also,, I'm not sure if the OP is talking about the trans mount TO transmission,, or the crossmember to Trans Mount. The aftermarket trans mounts are typically offshore crap and most DO have metric inserts. (Year dependant some will be SAE some metric)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts