El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have all the trim and moulding to complete my 76 classic, except for the pieces around
the inside of the wheelwells and along the rockers and qaurter panels.
Any suggestions where I could locate these items?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Welcom to El Camino Central!

It has been my experience that you'll end up having to hunt through Junk yards for it. I am still looking for the wheel well molding for my 76 Classic trim.

I know that some of the Station Wagons had the same trim on them but it is not manufactured anywhere that I am aware of. Fortunately for me mine had almost a complete set. The passenger side front on mine was bent all to hell when I got it along with the fender and bumper. So I had to hunt down those parts and I checked everywhere. I finally got Rick at the El Camino Store to locate some "L" trim and the piece that goes along the front fender but each piece was 50.00 and none of it was new. The "L" molding is dented a little but nothing to really complain about.

Good luck and if you do end up locating a good source let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!
I also think the Malibu has the same trim on the front end.
I guess I'll just keep hunting , not to many places to look up
here in the great white north!!! hopefully something pops up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the same problem. The right front wheel opening seems to take a lot of beating. One of the mail-order companys had it listed about three years ago, but when I placed the order, it was sold out and no more to be had.

It's now a swap meet item or junk yard item.

If you find two pieces for the right front wheel opening, I'll buy one from you. If I find extra, I'll let you know.

I wish us both luck,

Margoelky (77 classic)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts