El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Iv got my 200-4R installed and it drives around but I didnt figure I should go too far without adjusting the TV. So I read how to do it which says to push the button on top, and push it all the way in then hook it up and hit wide open throttle. Well I pushed the button and... nothing moved? Should it? I figured itd reel up real short or something but it doesnt move period? Whats goin on here!!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very discriptive lol. Ok, so I adjusted it back like it said then hit WOT and... it didnt adjust any. Its still all the way back. Is that right?

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
JP, it will depend upon what bracket you're using and where the slit/key is located. On mine, the unlock comes out the top. My throttle cable is on top of the TV cable, and has two nuts to hold the screws to keep the throttle in place. Sooo, it wouldn't unlock UNTIL I took the throttle assy off the bracket (and I'm not even sure I'm using the right bracket). Anyway, when pushing from the bottom, the unlock comes up and unlocks the slider. I replaced an Eiand intake and Edelbrock carb with an RPM intake and M4MC converted to M4ME q-jet. I had to "modify" the bracket to make it fit on the carb. At least it shifts properly. Just need to take to tranny shop for final touches/pressure readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts