El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1970 ELKY project has A/C and when I purchased the car it had a 350 SBC from an 81 car installed in it, the car had caught fire Engine compartment only. With going through the car I cannot find a build sheet but everything I am seeing in it points to an SS what engine could it be with a factory installed A/C

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The cowl tag should tell you what engine was original.

Post that and we can help decode.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,294 Posts
St70 13680 kan074362
tr770 45 b
09 d 00064
St70 13680 kan074362
style:
13680 - malibu el camino (custom) V8
Kansas city -
body sequence number 074362

tr770 45 b
trim:
ext. paint: Green mist - black vinyl top
int. color: saddle vinyl interior - bench seat

09 d 00064
Built 4th week of september - final number is just something that refers back to build sheet I believe
nothing on this tag would verify a SS model

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/docs/El-Camino/1970-Chevrolet-El-Camino.pdf

I'm reasonably sure that in 70
  • all SS cars were big blocks.
  • all big blocks had 12 bolt rears
  • no rear sway bar in the el camino
  • posi was optional
  • with AC I think you would have to have the 350 hp 396
  • short of a build sheet or other documentation (such as engine suffix) there is no reliable way to ID a SS in 1970

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's pretty much what I have come up with as well I have been looking around and all I have come to is 396/350HP as well. the car is 12bolt it does have posi, no signs of having trailer hitch. I have looked all over for build sheet but have had no luck as of yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally what I am looking for found the build sheet today it is stuck to the fuel tank. cant get a picture to show the printing and it is in very poor shape cracks and pieces missing but I can read parts I can see it has JL2, L34 cant tell whats after it under that I see automatic but no code, under that steering.

to the far right something 6 Conv and under that 6 pkg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.