El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking to get a 2"-3" lift on my 72 base El Camino. Nothing crazy, just trying to clear some good A/T tires to give it a bit of a rally look. I'm hoping to either do taller springs or spring spacers, but I'm having a hell of a time finding what in looking for. Hoping to get some answers on here before I have to just pull a spring from each end of the truck and taking it to 4 wheel parts to get something that works. Basically, I'm wondering what other vehicles can I search for on websites that have the same spring diameter so I can find what I'm looking for since looking up under "El Camino" yields next to no results outside of options for lowering or some janky spacers for just the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Since the suspension is the same as a Chevelle, and some people raise them to clear big rims, a shop that does that kind of work, or an online supplier aimed at that market nay be your best bet.
Patrick

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Since the suspension has only 6" of movement why not try raising it with body bushing spacers..

I know Summit sells the aluminum spacers that fit on the top of the spring, this is suppose to be the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would do that first, that might put you were you want to be.. Thats suppose to make these drive like new cars. Most recommend using the rubber bushings..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since the suspension has only 6" of movement why not try raising it with body bushing spacers..

I know Summit sells the aluminum spacers that fit on the top of the spring, this is suppose to be the best way to go.
I'm not finding anything for the ElCo directly, would similar era blazer bushings work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look at these. I like the poly spacers. 1969 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE Coil Spring Spacers -
I've seen those a few times. Already picked up some spacers, but since my springs are old already, I was gonna see about getting taller springs, but I gotta figure out what springs would work with it. Otherwise I'll just get some OE springs and use the spacers.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would use the spacers that go on the top of the springs not in between the coils.. The nice thing about using the old springs is you know exactly where it sits..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts