El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at another thread it seems that it might be a bad headlight switch, but didnt think they where connected at all. anyway when i turn the lights on the turn sigs lights also come on. when i use turn signal they still work but alittle slow.i do have one other issue when i turn the ignition on the wipers come on and do not turn off bye the wiper switch. any ideas thanks matthew

·
Premium Member
5,965 Posts
As Jim said - ground problem. Look behind the headlights for the black wires that run over to the core support. Connect them if they are loose or take them loose and clean the metal and the terminals. The ground is the only connection between the two

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
it is either a ground as stated above or bad bulbs my 86 will light up which ever turn bulb is bad when you turn the parking or headlights on . the factory flashers are usuall fixed load flashers and wont blink when one turn bulb is out.aftermarket variable load flashers will still blink. now dont forget to check your front side marker lights as well because they are wired into your turn signals and can cause the same warning. but always check your grounds first

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
You can quickly make a ground jumper wire and hit your bulbs to see if thats where the problem is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i checked and cleaned my grounds and my headlight switch and my turn signal switch and it seems to have did the trick .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts