El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I’ve posted after my build was complete, daily drove the car for a few years with a 383 till ross pistons wore out cylinders, figured it was time for update:

Car has been parked now for 7 years, been slowly buying stuff, but now have the funds to finish

454 .030 over using icon flat top 2618 power adder pistons at 8.25:1 static compression with 120 chamber

Studded caps, Hellfire rings, callies compstar rods, eagle forged internal balance crank, ati sfi flexplate, 75/65 precision turbos, cx racing hot and cold side kit, I will be adding support to with flange mounts and possibly flex joints, twin intercollers, Holley sniper 8 injector, Holley 1600 hp efi fuel system, built th400 and 12 bolt with 373

Looking at afr 335 heads after calling Afr and talking to them about what I’m doing, looking at 650 lift custom ground cams per Afr recommendations for head, I will post progress once engine is ready. And will be taking this car to the dyno.
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Grille

I was after 800 hp with a friendly driver on 91/93 octane, I may get more than that or less on pump but I’ll just have to wait and see what happens

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally awesome. Great job. Very nice.
Thankyou, this is my first car at 16 yrs old and also a father/son build and had it now for 13 years, have played with a few other cars while I’ve been getting parts for it, but I’ve eventually just sold all other toys so I can just focus on one and finish my own personal car

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With all that, I'd be thinking you'd be closer to 900 HP, if not more. And don't forget your pillows. You'll need them when that boost kicks in and throws you through the back of the seat. 💺. That's not a monster under the hood, it's the monsters GrandDaddy! Oof nice lol. 👍
900 would be nice! 15lbs through it should be able to double my power but Idk how much power I’ll be at n/a at the wheels with such low compression, I’ll just have to wait and find out. Machine shop was going to try to get started on it this week but I’m also still ordering parts if he can’t get to it yet. I’m excited :) Once I get my drive train sorted out I should be able to start making progress posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE:

After calling different manufacturers about specific part choices, I made a call to Straub technologies today, Chris answered the phone himself, and also confirmed the afr 335 was a poor choice before I even brought up my own thinking that it was too much head that afr recommended (not trying to bash afr tech support, they were great!) after talking with him a little bit I asked for him to give me a quote on a top end kit for my specific build all custom for what I’m doing, looking into the estimate I see he chose a 288 runner custom head with a ton of work including softening the chambers to help with my detonation on 91 and a lot of boost, one phone call with him you KNOW he knows what he is talking about. I’ve made my decision on cam and top end 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts