El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard of these? I can't believe you can get a set for a little over a $100. It would really make the B-body brake swap a whole lot cheaper.

UB Machine Upper Control Arms

Chris

·
Registered
342 Posts
They are the primary company that I have make mine. The ones you are looking at will not work with the tall spindle.

The off the shelf ones are made for circle track racing. They are set up for stock spindles and a little different for use on a roundy round.

They are very similar to a stock arm and you can't get it to align right or work properly with them. They also have steel bushings instead of teflon. The ball joint is in the totally wrong place and at the wrong angle.

That's why they are so cheap.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah i see. But there are a couple guys using them on monte SS's that were talking about them on the montecarloss.com forum board. so they must make so that will work on the street.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There are a few using them that don't know any better. The caster is wrong and the camber curve is way off. You will also have allot of tire scrub.

You are no better off with them than you are with the stock upper arms.

They don't stock an arm specifically for this purpose. That is why mine are a custom set up. I'm not pushing mine just the information. BTW I don't have the best ones just the most affordable.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what you're saying is that these will fit stock spindles but not the b-body spindles? and if thats the case then why even spend the money for them if they're the same a stock UCA's.?

By the way i checked out your site, you seem to have a pretty decent setup for a pretty decent price. Have you thought about sticking an ad in the vendor section of the forums?

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts