El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cut there rear bed tray to allow access to the rear seat compartment.i want to cut mine but do not want use a piano hinge .any thoughts thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sure i have read some other posts on this subject, we had the same idea. But in lifting the panel it's clearly a water trap, we had to cut & patch some rot. Your problem is as always, getting a good seal, let's see what reply's you get. It does appear to be a waste of good space.

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,740 Posts
I'm sure i have read some other posts on this subject, we had the same idea. But in lifting the panel it's clearly a water trap, we had to cut & patch some rot. Your problem is as always, getting a good seal, let's see what reply's you get. It does appear to be a waste of good space.
I've alway thought that would be a good place for a battery or, air ride pump and tank. with a drain hole, you wouldn't be concerned if a little water got in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i pulled my floor and replaced the under rear floor pans all good now for my valves for air ride.just trying to work out a neat hinge set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts