El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the drivers side piece of metal under the bed. This is for my 85 Elky.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
here on Earth, no one makes floors for 5th gen smugglers boxes. There is rumored to be a place on Jupiter that used to, back in the early 1800s (earth time)

you have to fab your own, or find some in good shape.

here's how to fab your own

http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=36179&highlight=putting+floors+5th+gen

to be honest, those are patchable, and that would be your best bet. Floors are 18 gauge sheetmetal.

:poke:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware nobody makes repop pieces, I havent found any floors in better shape locally, had to take the front part of the floor from a Monte.
Heres what I started with.....

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Is it just my eyes, or do the pix of those replacement floors not look like a correct 5th gen floor?? Note how the floor is corrugated in the rear... The corrugations on the driver's side front do look correct, however. Perhaps GM changed the design over the years?

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
to find new sheetmetal (diff gauges, in new flat sheets, usually 3 X 6 ft) check with your local sportman/amateur stock car racers. They always know where to find it at the best price. around here, a 3 X 6 ft sheet of 18 ga. goes for $39.95

:poke:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have the floor pans, that's no problem. Its just the drivers side half section of the "smugglers box" that I'm having problems finding.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts