El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out last weekend went to Harbor Freight to get me a oil pressure gauge tester for my 94 Chevy pickup was in the Caballero and Lowe's is close by so I popped over to Lowe's and bought some Lumber to build handrail to my house so they would not cancel my insurance after leaving here 20 years with no handrail go figure people was freaking out cuz I was Loudoun Lumber in my Caballero.
20210313_140520.jpg
20210313_175724.jpg

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well went out last weekend went to Harbor Freight to get me a oil pressure gauge tester for my 94 Chevy pickup was in the Caballero and Lowe's is close by so I popped over to Lowe's and bought some Lumber to build handrail to my house so they would not cancel my insurance after leaving here 20 years with no handrail go figure people was freaking out cuz I was Loudoun Lumber in my Caballero. View attachment 136207 View attachment 136208
Couldn't believe cost me $70 for that little bit of lumber and two bags of cement thank the Lord I'm still able to do carpentry work don't know what it would have cost I had to pay somebody to come and do this for me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
No use having a bed if you can't use it every once in a while! I use mine every now and then to move 500lb injection mold tools for work. Usually one of the guys in shipping will do it in one of their big diesel trucks but the Elco can do it just as well when they're too busy.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nothing is cheap these days !
Your bed rails are on backwards
need to change sides
Yep 87nex2last1 they are coming off this summer soon as I find a station wagon set of rails like I had on my 72 El Camino they were roof rack from a GM station wagon .
20201022_203801.jpg

·
Registered
404 Posts
To be honest that is part of the reason I bought mine, quick trips to the home depot. My wife wont let me use her Xt5

·
Registered
29 Posts
My grandfather used to take his through the woods hunting, towing boats and campers, all that. I've got no intention to do that with it anymore, just a cruiser now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
No use having a bed if you can't use it every once in a while! I use mine every now and then to move 500lb injection mold tools for work. Usually one of the guys in shipping will do it in one of their big diesel trucks but the Elco can do it just as well when they're too busy.

View attachment 136212
I use mine for a lot of things but I can't see beating it up after all the work I put into it! :unsure: I just use a little protection and common sense! Or the Chevy Silverado. Whatever floats your boat as they say! (y):cool:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I use mine for a lot of things but I can't see beating it up after all the work I put into it! :unsure: I just use a little protection and common sense! Or the Chevy Silverado. Whatever floats your boat as they say! (y):cool:
Considering my other options are a GTO I've put a similar level of care into or the wife's Honda Civic, I think the Elco is up to the task. I've heard the saying a saying about El Caminos that they're meant to haul hay and haul a** and after it's mini restoration, mine can do both quite well.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,350 Posts
AwEsOmE.. LoVE It.. gilby

( I hauled A$$ the other day:p:rolleyes:

Used for a backup work truck again last year..
.)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts