El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1981 elky that was originally v-6 and has had a 1977 corvette 350 block swapped into it as best i can tell...My problem is the original owner butchered the original wiring setting up the new engine and didn't hook up any of the new vacume hoses...There isn't a vacume diagram label under the hood to go by when hooking up the hoses so i don't know what goes where! Also i'm not sure if the original motor was fuel injected or not :roll: ...If any one can take a digital photo of the hose routing or steer me towards a place to obtain info on hose routing and wiring diagrams for the corvette and elky, I would be grateful...It runs ok now and has a quadrajet 4bbl with hei ignition, but is real cold natured and wont stay running if i drop the idle below about 1000 rpm and put the automatic trans in gear....runs fine once warm and as long as i idle it above 1000 rpm...Help , can email direct at [email protected] TNX

·
Banned
881 Posts
kc4mnp said:
I have a 1981 elky that was originally v-6 ...Also i'm not sure if the original motor was fuel injected or not
There were no fuel injected 81 El Caminos. The 81 El Camino used the Computer Command Control (also called CCC or 3-C) system. The V6's had a E2ME electronically controlled two barrel carb.

Sorry, I can't help you with the vacuum diagram.

:mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts