El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good replacement balve spring for a vortec head with 500+ lift cam thanks yall :You_Rock:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
Looking for a good replacement balve spring for a vortec head with 500+ lift cam thanks yall :You_Rock:
..I heard that theses "balve"springs are very hard to find,the only place you'll be able to find them is in a old wore out truck motor...:poke:..Now on the other hand,how much do you want to spend??..are ya lookin for a set that been used or new??:dontknow:

:beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:texas:hmmm im not at liberty to give out my current combo as far as cam specs:secret:
ill check with my builder i guess il have to bite the bullitt:dontknow::secret:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
if you will soak your (Balve) springs in blinker fluid they will work just fine ! :poke:
Woody Z28 GM springs not sure the part # ii will find out good to 500 lift ,and you willnot need to cut the heads for the springs to set ..
12495496 Valve Spring Kit This high performance chrome vanadium spring and damper assemby was developed for heavy-duty L88, and ZL1, and LS7 engines. The outer coil diameter is 1.487". The spring yields 116 pounds seat pressure at an installed height of 1.88". Open pressure is 310 pounds at .560 valve lift. This spring coil binds at 1.20". It is rated at 317 pounds/inch. This kit includes 16 springs of P/N 3916164, and use P/N 3916164 for single spring replacement. Use steel retainer P/N 3879613.

·
Registered
555 Posts
:texas:hmmm im not at liberty to give out my current combo as far as cam specs:secret:
ill check with my builder i guess il have to bite the bullitt:dontknow::secret:
:roll:

·
932 Posts
There are the beehive springs from comp cams , or alex parts sells some springs on ebay good up to .550 lift for a reasonable price , bought these last year and installed them on a set of 906 vortecs but then sold the heads before running them . This guy has been selling them for awhile and has sold over 100 sets so you might wanna check him out.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lift and duration are scret, `it is no secret about being a ol wore out truck motor, planning on a freshen up SOON so ???
see yall in the fall :You_Rock:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Get pro advice and buy the best springs you can afford. A critical part that can take a lot of other stuff out with it if it fails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts