El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the two pieces of vinyl top trim for a 67 El Camino? I've been looking for a couple of years with no luck and it does not seem like anyone is offering a repro of them. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I can't seem to find any reference to the part in any of my catalogs. I would probally give the following people a call. They are very helpful in locating parts. Also, do you have a GM part number?

Anyway, try:
Larry and Connie Pattern at Mostly Chevelle, 20 Blanford Stage Rd, Russel MA. 01071. Phone is 413-862-0061

Hope it helps.

·
164 Posts
I just attempted to look these up in my 1976 edition of the Chevrolet Parts book. I can not find a listing for these mouldings for the 1967 El Camino's. I found them for the 1970-1972 El Camino's, but not the earlier ones. Also, I found them for the 1966-67 Chevelles, but, once again, not the El Camino's. It could be that GM didn't produce that many, there wasn't a high demand for them as service parts so they discontinued them sometime before my book was published in 1976. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah those were discontined by GM along time ago. No ones making a repo of them yet. Maybe you want to give L Camino Parts a call at 559-495-1338. They are a sponsor of the board and I think they have a bunch of used stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips, whats bad is I have one side, but a few years ago someone "borrowed" one while I was parked. Thanks again, maybe I can help someone in the future.

·
Registered
349 Posts
on a related note,has anyone else seen the 78-87 el caminos with vinyl tops? i saw one at a junkyard and thought maybe it was custom until i saw another one down the street for sale with a vinyl top! i have one of the moldings from the one at the junkyard.

·
Banned
881 Posts
has anyone else seen the 78-87 el caminos with vinyl tops?
I've seen 5th gen Elkys with vinyl tops. But, GM never offered an optional vinyl top for the 5th generation Elkys. It was probably a dealer option or an aftermarket add on.

:mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts