Right Here on El Camino Central

Old Bear’s Virtual Car Show 2020

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FAQ Frequently asked Questions

How do I enter?

You add posts to the soon to be posted 2020 Virtual Car Show thread.

Who can enter?
NECOA Members registered on www.elcaminocentral.com

What goes into the post?
New images of your El Camino or GMC Sprint.
Up to three images taken from today through August 9th.
1st image is a full car image
2nd & 3rd are images of features

What else goes into post?
You will add a short intro line with the year of your vehicle and potentially additional info.
Stuff like: 1989 El Camino SS Choo Choo Custom very rare, more so than the 1988 version.

Why not old images?
One goal is to give each of us another good reason to spend time with our Rides.
We can clean them up, snap some images and post them up all while being safe with the coronavirus.

What if my Ride is not running?
Works-In-Process can be entered.
Just take as close to a full image as you can for that first image.
Lots of opportunities for feature images to show us how you are spending time with your Ride.

How can I vote for Community Favorites?
You can press the “LIKE” button on the posted entries.

Can I vote for more than one favorite?
Sure!

Can you show us an example of an entry?
Check the next post below for an example.
This is the official thread for Old Bear's Virtual Car Show - 2020

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is an example of how to post an entry into the upcoming Virtual Car Show.
Note: It is using pre-existing images because it was put together before the show time starts.
===================
SAMPLE Posted Here,
This is the official Thread for Old Bear's Virtual Car Show Thread August 1st - Aug 9th

Old Bear 1970 El Camino Custom with 350ci, B&M 144, 700R4 and 17 rims.

1st image: This is a full car image. You can show front and side or rear and side in your first image.

2nd image: Near stock black interior with 1970 Strato Bench seat that has bucket seat backs. B & M hammer shifter.

3rd image: Engine bay with 350 CI, B&M 144 Supercharger, headers, Mark VIII fan
Your 2nd and 3rd image can feature any of the interesting things about your entry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, I'm Jonesie from Virginia.

My 86 with the "Sport Decor Package" is all stock, with the original 5.0L 305, and transmission, with over 300,000 miles on the odometer. Not bad for an 80's malaise truck.
It's a daily driver, that I truly enjoy driving!
Let me go ahead and get my apology out beforehand..., like kids, how can you just pick your favorite?
There will be more than 3 photos, but less than 6. : )

Exterior Shots...

Engine...

Interior...

Thanks for the opportunity to represent, and even maybe be the first to post! : )

Jonesie

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,606 Posts
Introducing Killer aka KLRMINO

73 custom, Replica COPO Laguna S3
SBC GM 671 700r4 3.42 corporate

BD26FC6F-7715-4CEB-9985-7605274C0B8B.jpeg

lots of little custom touches

B42CF3A5-4D9B-4AE0-B7DE-311A26294EBF.jpeg

Archie Somers built motor , SBC 350 .060 over 8:1 comp GM Big Bore 671 dual 600cfm, engine dyno 626hp 586ftlbs

622D12CA-9AA0-4780-8A34-652F89FF4EBF.jpeg

thanks for looking enjoy the show.

we need more entries, come on guys and gals get those Elco’s posted

·
Premium Member
8,308 Posts
My 78 is a Black Knight clone. The engine came out of my son's 73 El Camino SS. He rebuilt it in highschool. The 73 was rusting out so he bought the 78 at a farm sale, then put the engine in it. I introduce the Elk as a family project.

Here is the 350 that my son built-in in highschool. It's bored.60 over. It has a Comp Magnum cam in it. I don't know what the Hp of it is. He had me install roller rockers. I changed the intake manifold, the valve covers,and air cleaner. It now has a 2004r transmission and 3.73 gears in the rear end.

Here is a front view showing fighting dragons decal on the hood.

Here is a picture of the Elk from the back. We chose this color because of cost. I wanted to make it into the Black Knight due to the engine came out of the 73 SS.

Here is the picture of the new radio on the top and the gauges on the bottom. We wanted a new radio that had an iPod so to listen to our music while traveling.
The picture of the gauge cluster shows the stainless steel around the gauges. My son wanted me to replace the clock with a tachometer.

Here is the door panel my wife and I made for it.i chose the vinal for the top of the panel. Years ago a member here showed the e dragons on the interior panels so I borrowed the idea and my wife made the fighting dragons for the interior panels.

Here is the pictures of the visors. My wife made these also.

My wife made the headrest and put the fighting dragons on them.

Here are the new floor mats we chose to match the carpet we put in.
This is what our Elk looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
nice nice work on the fighting dragons embroidery.

Very nice 64.

Might get a lot more entries if the dates were extended till the end of the month.

can we get any info on the bed lid on Killer Camino?

Bf

Will try to have an entry.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Old Bear 1970 El Camino Custom 350CI, B&M Supercharger, 700R4
We got Blue Thunder cleaned up this morning and out for images at the Camino Real Playhouse.
So, here is our official Virtual Car Show entry.

Remember to Vote (click LIKE) for as many entries as you like above and below.

Image 1: Full vehicle image - Raring to go with plenty of horse power.

Image 2: Boyd Coddington 2 Piece Aluminum Alloy JunkYard Dogs with Riken Raptors 255/50/17

Image 3: A Pillar Mounted Tach and Boost Gauge - Can check both with one glance.

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,578 Posts
My '87 Conquista, photographed in front of the local VFW:

Stock 305, Buick GN sway bars and steering box, Corvette 15X8 Rallys with early C3 "Disc Brake" centers. Still has the original paint. I've owned it since 1993.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Hello,

Here we go, my 70 El Camino with two small Honda bikes from the 70's. The green bike is a 73' ST90 in "Mighty Green" paint. The Honda CT90 is a 74 trail bike with an eight speed transmission that could almost climb the garage door. Both are street legal, bought for cheap and rebuilt by me. The ST90 went all the way back to bare metal.

I won't belabor the details about my El Camino but as we all know, they are never really finished. And I'm certainly no great photographer but I figured something else in the scene from the 70's besides my truck might help.

The interior shot is of my SS dashboard upgrade with the Dakota Digital "HDX" gauges. It had a plain old sweep style speedometer when I got it, idiot lights and a fuel gauge but it has all the bells and whistles in the dashboard now.

Edit: I just realized that I don't have my dash cover fully seated. I switched out my original center vent yesterday and laid the dash cover back in today but it did not settle all the way into its place.

Rick

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts