El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning after tearing apart a small curbed garden for my bride (boss) I decided to remove and transport the broken up concrete curbing from aropund the garden to the county landfill with my 64 Elky restomod ride.
I lined the bed with drop cloths and used fender covers while loading and unloading by reaching
over the bed sides.I took my timers and very carefully placed each piecer from 10 to 50 pounds into the bed.When I left my house I figured I had 1000 lbs. tops in the bed.After being scaled at the entrance before and after it turned out to be a total load of
1370 pounds of concrete. Check out the photos..They show the effect 1370 pounds had on my slightly jacked cruck.

The point of this post is that I tell people I drive my truck. It is my DD. These photos show how committed I am to using this cruck as it was intended, while at the same time be able to blow most cars into the weeds.I didn't put a scratch on the car during the two hour ordeal and 15 mile round trip. Call me old school, but, I love my ride and I drive it like I would a new car. It ain't no Trailer Queen !

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I,m ith you there James. I bought mine to use as a part time work truck, it just happened to get a little prettier & faster over the years. The wierd 59 chevy/batmobile rear cover actually adds a lot of capacity for real world use.:beer:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
2011-12-30_15.45.58-1.jpg

2012-01-21 14.31.25-1.jpg

2011-08-26 19.27.11-1.jpg . Like you guys, I too use my ekly for work. If I'm not pulling my little welding trailer, I'm pulling my 16' flat bed. When I really want to work my truck out, I pull my little horse trailer.:texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
If it fits it goes.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
I use mine for whatever needs to be hauled, too. Why have it, if you can't use it for what it's meant to be used for?! Last Summer, I moved everything from our 5 bedroom house to the new place with my Elky! It was about riding on the tops of my tires, but we managed!

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used mine to help move my fellow soldiers out of the barracks. They put us in a new building. But i bought mine for racing, it just happens to be convenient for hauling...especially when we wanna grill at the drag strip.

Sent from my PH44100 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...And thats why we love our El Caminos,work hard during the day and play time at night...:inlove:
:beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i also work my truck, just recently hauled a bunch of lumber to build a dog house, then on thursday hauled 1085 lbs of old compressors and short iron to the scrap yard.... paid for my room this weekend....:beer:

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
The very first trip I took, from Holland into France (about 500 miles) I hauled around 400 one-liter cans of single-stage car paint. Filled up the rear completely! Since then took several payloads, this car also gets used.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
2011-12-30_15.45.58-1-1.jpg

2012-05-30 12.39.24-1.jpg . I cannot keep the lie going! I do not pull a gooseneck horse trailer with my elky. I just backed under it so I could mow where I park. Please forgive me 8-p.. but I did have 1000 lbs of St. Augestine grass in it today.. and will again tomorrow.:texas:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts