El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this is not solely an El Camino event , I thought I would mention that Disney World in Orlando , Fl. is having their second annual Car Masters events . I found it through the Muscle Car Network Of Central Florida ( www.FloridaCoolCars.com ) , that I joined last year when they sponsored the Lake City to Key West , Fl. Power Cruise which incidentially is this July 12-16 , 2012 , has 35 vehicles signed up so far with room for more . The Car Masters portion has filled up and they have a waiting list . On Sat. , the event starts at 6:30 am where we park our rides along the streets of Downtown Disney ( which seems to be the party section ) and then there is an evening cruise through the streets . At the host hotel , The Coronado , from 8 to 10 pm is a burger style dinner and dance where the guest of honor is Chip Foose ! He will sign an autogragh and I am hoping to have him sign the center insert panel of the dash from my 87 . Sun. is again 6:30 am start and awards I believe are around noontime . The $125 entry includes two Park Hopper Tickets valid for up to one year . My wife and I are staying till Monday morning and hope to get some time to go into the parks . The " Blast From The Past " dinner is still open and is $ 50 each ticket . Some of you may recognize the MCN name as they are the group that are meeting up with our NECOA group at the Route-46 event in Sanford that is shaping up very nicely .

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
I wish I had known about the Disney car show. I definetely would have gone. Seeing as it's only 6 days away and there is a waiting list, looks like im gonna miss out.

·
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E-Man , Your IROC would have been a great addition ! It was quickly and rather quietly done through MCN , as I`m sure it would have been a mad house for people to get in . You had to email in two photos for the Disney staff to look at and provide an email from your insurance carrier naming Disney resorts as additionally insured before you were accepted . Hopefully , this would be a great event for us here to talk about for next year . The MCN is at www.FloridaCoolCars.com . Several of us here from NECOA are members of MCN and they are the ones that met up with our NECOA members a few days ago for the Route-46 get together . Glad it went so well and as Edonthebeach said , it may be a replacement for Old Town . Unlike Old Town , everyone is welcomed at MCN . Disney is putting in a real effort with this event . Those that live in the area may want to come by Disney Downtown as it is free for spectators .

·
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I thought a summary of the event may be useful for those that might be interested in attending the Disney Masters Weekend next year . Right now as far as I know it is only available through the Muscle Car Network of Central Fl. It is a great group , friendly and they really do a lot of activities and El Caminos are very welcomed . Presently they already have another Route-46 get together scheduled with Jeff Earnhart as their guest and I`m joining them in July for their Lake City to Key West , Fl . Power Tour . More info on this in another forum . Anyway , it went Sat. and Sun. from 6:30 am to 7 pm . which was tiring but fun . Disney provided free drinks , comfortable chairs and shade . Cars were lined up along the promenade of Downtown Disney and spectators are allowed in around 9 am . Sat. evening was a burger dinner with Chip Foose . He signed the center insert of my dash and drew a sketch of my Camino on it . Sat. was judging with Foose asking questions and shaking hands . Sun. was another visit from Foose and he took photos with the participants and a free copy was made available from Disney . Joan and I sneaked off on Sat. to see the new Men in Black movie and catch some air conditioning as it was hot . In fact Disney felt bad about the heat and gave us two extra free Park Hopper Tickets , valid for one year ! The $125 registration included two PH tickets also . Sun. we went over to Animal Kingdom for a few hours . Next year we will go up a couple of days early and enjoy more of the parks . It is too early but it was so successful they may expand it next year . The cars and trucks were fabulous and of all sorts . Got to see and meet Chris Halloway with his georgeos El Camino that was an award winner this year and won Best Of Show last year . I hope he joins us here at this site . We met and talked to tons of people that were interested in Caminos and we could not have been more welcomed or better taken care of . The host hotel , the Coranado ; which , was a convenient drive to Downtown had discount rooms and the faciilty was excellent with pools , resturants , reserved and secure parking for the participants . At Mc Donalds down the road was outstanding and even had couches on the front patio for eating and relaxing . On Sun. afternoon , Chip Foose was handing out VERY nice awards as the cars rolled up to the stage and they introduced the owners . Those that are interested can view a ton of photos of the 2012 event at MCN`s home site at www.FlaCoolCars.com . It isn`t the cheapest event I`ve been to but certainly more than worth the cost and we can`t wait to go back !! :nanawrench:

·
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed , thanks for the mention as I have not been able to see the photos and video . This newer computer still needs some adjustment as they cannot be viewed . I can hear the audio but no video .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts