El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87. It's about 3.25 turns lock to lock, and worn. I read here on the forum to
find a 82-92 F Body Camero box and it will interchange.
Question ?
Will it actually interchange without a lot of modification - is there a better choice-
how many turns lock to lock is the camero box - I'd like about 2 turns lock to lock.
What other choices do I have when I go to the junk yards looking for steering boxes.
Thank you in advance. Austin Cole ( Oh, and does anyone have one they want to sell?)

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
Monte Carlo SS box from Advance or Autozone rebuilt will run you about $130.00. 2.5 turns lock to lock.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have an 87. It's about 3.25 turns lock to lock, and worn. I read here on the forum to
find a 82-92 F Body Camero box and it will interchange.
Question ?
Will it actually interchange without a lot of modification - is there a better choice-
how many turns lock to lock is the camero box - I'd like about 2 turns lock to lock.
What other choices do I have when I go to the junk yards looking for steering boxes.
Thank you in advance. Austin Cole ( Oh, and does anyone have one they want to sell?)
Yes, it is a bolt in. If you go to a boneyard just check the donor car to see how many turns. Also, besides Camaros, of course any G-body steering box will bolt in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts