El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of customizing my 78 conquista. Looking for Buckets and a center console. Also possibly lowering the car 2". Anysuggestions? Springs or Spindles?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Looking for a set of decent bucket seats and a center console at the local boneyards would be my first choice. Keep in mind that a Monte Carlo has the same type of interior. Do you currently have a split bench seat? If so bucket seats should bolt right in if you get them out of a 78-87 GM G-body. If you have a straight bench seat (no split) you will also need to remove the inner mounting brackets that are welded to the floorboard (4). A console from the same cars as above will also fit with no problems, or maybe you can custom fit a console from some other type of vehicle if your somewhat handy. There are different re-upolsterery kits available for the factory bucket seats, if you find a set that needs it because of color matching or wear. A console can be sprayed to color match with a good cleaning and the right color dye. You can sometimes find these items on Ebay, but you will likely pay more than what you could get them for at a boneyard. It is also possible to custom fit buckets from other vehicles by either fabricating or modifying the floorboard brackets. As far as lowering the vehicle, kits are available specifically for the GM G-body, some are just spring kits, some are dropped spindle kits, and some are are a combination of both, your choice, it depends how much you want to spend. My choice would be the combination, in order to keep the correct geometry of the suspension.

·
Registered
481 Posts
bajaoutlaw: sent you a PM regarding the header panel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts