El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for an original front license plate bracket for my ‘85. I think my dad took it off and threw it away in 1985. I need the basic metal one that uses two bolts under the bumper and the upper screw in the center. Anyone have one?
Patrick

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Patrick..I have access to one..but agreed to pull it for another member. I see there's a member with one...link below..

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I don't have one but know the one you're looking for. I actually straightened my original last weekend. I think the original owner parked by braille. Luckily, he ordered the rub strips for the bumper, I can see about 100 contact points but still holding up! Good luck finding that new one!

Joe

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!! I have one on the way, thanks RK Carsen!!
I’m surprised mine had one; Georgia doesn’t require a front plate and Dad and I special ordered this Elky (I was 15). I’m pretty sure Dad didn’t want a front bracket, but it’s on the build sheet and there’s a hole and screw in the center of the bumper where it was. I vaguely remember him taking it off (or telling the dealer to). Maybe the dealer had added it to the order it to mount his advertising plate. (It’s not on the invoice, either).
Patrick

PS: I once had a ‘68 Buick Wildcat and I swear the owner must have parallel parked by sound; both ends were riddled with scrapes and dents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts