El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'll be starting my new job soon and hopefully make a little more extra money. I thought I'd add some nice shiny superchargers to my 82.

I figure they run about $2000-3000.

Is there a website or something that has some prices and such?

The engine is a '305... (just check the sig)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Supercharge a stock 305? WOW 8O what a concept. Sell tickets! If you put a supercharger on a stock 305, about the only thing your going to succed in doing is blowing your crankshaft, connecting rods and pistons right out the bottom of your motor and thats including what'll be left of the engine block. Buy a crate motor with that money.

·
Banned
881 Posts
No offense Chris, but adding a supercharger to a stock LG4 305 is not a good idea. The 21 year old stock LG4 engine components will not hold up.

Your beter off investing your hard earned money in a GM 355hp ZZ4 crate motor. It's a bolt in replacement.

:mrgreen:

Z

·
0 Posts
super charger

If you must go down that route, I could hook you up with a turbo charger,
I have only the turbo itself. It would be do-able compared to a sc, if your compresion ratio is not to high, but more work than a crate engine, in my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
87ElCamino said:
No offense Chris
Hey, how'd you know my name was Chris?

Anyway, I don't know much about engine mods or such. Another friend of mine suggested a blower!

But this crate motor thing sounds good. I don't know what it is, but if it'll give me some HP without blowing up my engine, hell, sounds like a good deal.

I'm not in any real hurry for engine mods just yet, but maybe when I start making more money, and get a good paint job & some interior work. I'll try to toughen the engine a little and give it some bulky slicks in the rear and it'll be a nice car with some show and go go go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts