El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I just got my Elco back from the paint shop and I can't seem to find my tail light brackets and I cannot find them on any web site. I am not sure if I am using the correct name for the bracket I've used tail light bracket , tail light mount and tail light mounting panel and no luck. Does anyone have a pair for sale or any information where I can buy them ? I've been looking for 2 days now and even called auto dismantlers in my area and no luck . Here's a picture
Rectangle Wood Gas Hardwood Font

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Hi Spicey_Tapatio, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your El Camino. Where abouts are you located? Have fun with your El Camino and the community.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a '72 in Cloverdale not too far from you. Can't tell 100% but it looks like the bracket is visible on the passenger side. It's pretty picked over though. Not sure how old that photo is.
There is a '72 in Cloverdale not too far from you. Can't tell 100% but it looks like the bracket is visible on the passenger side. It's pretty picked over though. Not sure how old that photo is.

I emailed him and it came back as failed email hopefully he will answer the phone in the morning.

Awesome I'll email them and call them tomorrow. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful I appreciate all the help . Hopefully they have them .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Awesome I'll email them and call them tomorrow. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful I appreciate all the help . Hopefully they have them .

I called him and he told me to call him in a week lol . Doesn't seem that auto wrecker will be able to help bit I will call at another date .

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
It looked like you folks in Coastal Northern California got considerable rain in December and earlier in this new year. Possibly that vehicle is in the low side of the yard.

I would check back with him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It hasn't rained in almost 2 weeks maybe a little drizzle in certain areas and when I talked to him he didn't seem to care or want to hear me out but I will try in a week unless I find the parts I need before then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got curious so I dug mine out. They have a few markings, but nothing resembling a part number. The factory assembly manual does not appear to have a drawing either (still looking).

The taillights changed in 1970, I don't know if that also affected the mounting bracket. I would venture a guess that at least the 70-72s all use the same ones.

It has to be frustrating when the parts are right there within reach.
On the bright side, GM made more than 150,000 70-72s. I am positive another one will turn up nearby if this falls through.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got curious so I dug mine out. They have a few markings, but nothing resembling a part number. The factory assembly manual does not appear to have a drawing either (still looking).

The taillights changed in 1970, I don't know if that also affected the mounting bracket. I would venture a guess that at least the 70-72s all use the same ones.

It has to be frustrating when the parts are right there within reach.
On the bright side, GM made more than 150,000 70-72s. I am positive another one will turn up nearby if this falls through.
your correct 70 to 72 use the same bracket. Thank you for checking

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So today I found a guy parting out a El Camino but he lives 2 hours away so I was going to go up there but before I went I checked Craigslist first (again) and to my surprise a new post was up saying elcamino parts so I called and sure enough he had them and I also bought 2 wing windows from him all for 140 bucks . Winner winner . 🏆

1 - 13 of 13 Posts