El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of all the non-auto stuff of late and decided to go hang out alone in my shop. Grabbed my "office chair" after getting a beverage from the refridgerator. I looked up at my vast collection of car magazines:dontknow: and thumbed through a bunch from the 60's through the 70's (I looked at a few magazines from the 50's and the ladies that modeled then,,,,,,,,,ooh-la-la!:poke:).
After looking through a few, I realized something! The magazines back then actually did manufacture vs. manufacture vs. manufacture testing of their products, and actually had a winner and losers! How novel a concept!!! It's too bad that most magazines have entered into a publishing company that doesn't want to or can't hurt the feelings of clients, and, manufactures / clients so shallow they can't let testing of their products!
Yup! Those were the good ole days!

Doug

·
0 Posts
I got tired of all the non-auto stuff of late and decided to go hang out alone in my shop. Grabbed my "office chair" after getting a beverage from the refridgerator. I looked up at my vast collection of car magazines:dontknow: and thumbed through a bunch from the 60's through the 70's (I looked at a few magazines from the 50's and the ladies that modeled then,,,,,,,,,ooh-la-la!:poke:).
After looking through a few, I realized something! The magazines back then actually did manufacture vs. manufacture vs. manufacture testing of their products, and actually had a winner and losers! How novel a concept!!! It's too bad that most magazines have entered into a publishing company that doesn't want to or can't hurt the feelings of clients, and, manufactures / clients so shallow they can't let testing of their products!

Doug
Hurting feelings is how products improved back then. Nowadays, China doesn't care about its reputation since we have to keep replacing their parts over and over again....:neutral:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Everything is so very different today from my experiences of 69 years. As a youngster I lived in the greatest country and environment in history. America lead the world in production, science, medicine and optimism. Today we live in political turmoil and governmental dissaray with little good news to be found. Now our future is largely determined by events in China, Europe and the middle east. Our economic hopes are poor and are having a detrimental effect on our family and our health. When was it that our government stopped working for us and decided to become a corrupt parasite more interested in itself than our collective future? It really upsets me to draw this conclusi:dontknow:eek:n.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. When was it that our government stopped working for us and decided to become a corrupt parasite more interested in itself than our collective future? It really upsets me to draw this conclusi:dontknow:eek:n.
James, IMO, our government can only work as good as the people "WE" (citizens) vote in to oversee it's operation! We keep voting in incumbents (IMO, because they are always first on the ballot, and alot of people are too lazy to research everybody running!) that have a political agenda instead of the agenda of the "VOTING" puplic. I think we need a bigger voter turnout, maybe 80% or more, and for 80% of elections! Maybe if a person doesn't vote 80% of the time, they get put to the top of the list for Jury duty :poke:!
We just need to buy smarter not cheaper, vote smarter (do the research),
not because that's the way your family has always voted (IMO,people that vote a straight ticket do so because they are too lazy to do proper research!).

Doug

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
James, IMO, our government can only work as good as the people "WE" (citizens) vote in to oversee it's operation! We keep voting in incumbents (IMO, because they are always first on the ballot, and alot of people are too lazy to research everybody running!) that have a political agenda instead of the agenda of the "VOTING" puplic. I think we need a bigger voter turnout, maybe 80% or more, and for 80% of elections! Maybe if a person doesn't vote 80% of the time, they get put to the top of the list for Jury duty :poke:!
We just need to buy smarter not cheaper, vote smarter (do the research),
not because that's the way your family has always voted (IMO,people that vote a straight ticket do so because they are too lazy to do proper research!).

Doug
sad but true:texas:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts

Doug

Like I said before, "Who let all these geezers in here?"

rofl!

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
That is why I am an independent.(NPA) peo:beer:ple who fail to exercise their vote have no business complaining.

·
0 Posts
This is a very sad thing that we have come to. I'm a free spirited guy and it sucks to have to depend on a more frugal life to survive in the "LAND OF OPPORTUNITY".
I say,lets kick out the illegals Obams's trying to let in with Visa's and put 800,000 of our own citizens to work and quit with this gay marriage B.S.! :let_it_all_out:
Sorry if I offended anyone......:texas:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The only problem is most unemployed Americans are to proud to go out and pick fruit and vegetables in the fields.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
That has been true for so
me time. It seems to me that in a time like the present it might be reversed. Most people, at some point choke down their pride and do whatever it takes to feed their families.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I think that the ability to vote should only go to those that get zero help from the government and actually have skin in the game. Land owners, business owners and such. These welfare queens and crack addicts will only vote for the one that gives them what they want. If you don't add to society, that means you are taking from it. I just found out that I'm gonnna be a grandpa. The baby is due on the 21st of January. Right after Romney is Sworn in. My daughter is gonna name the the baby Reagan, whether its a boy or girl.. smart kid..

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
My understanding is the Electoral collage picks the Pres. they let us vote to make it look like were part of the process but actually it means nothing. It's pre determined basically who's going to be pres. before hand and they throw a couple of losers to make it look real. It's a lock Obama will win because that's their puppet. What has he done for the people and he only comes up with ticky tack ideas that wouldn't work anyways but it makes it look like he has an agenda . He just announced letting illegal 's to stay and become American's but the truth is it was already voted down and isn't legal or enforceable by the president anyways it's all campaign bull sh*t.
Sure hope by the time my one year old granddaughter grows up all this crap is worked out. GREED IS THE SOURCE OF OUR PROBLEMS NOTHING ELSE.:neutral:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts