El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 Elco. I have water leaking inside car when it rains, or after carwash, from the heater housing. I have found it dripping on the passenger side from what appears to be a baffle pivit shaft. Also, if I leave the air vent open (non A/C car) water just pours in after car wash. My thinking is this...when water enters the heater housing from cowl, it is not being drained away. I see no provision for stopping water from entering, so it must be drained somehow normally, right? So where can I find this probable drain to unclog it? Any input is appreciated, Thanks in advance, TommC

·
Banned
881 Posts
There is usually a small flap on the front bottom of the heater box to allow rainwater to drain. It may be blocked with 23 years of debris. I don't think you can see the flap from the outside of the box because of the inner wheel well. I've got a non-AC box sitting on a shelf in the garage and I'll see if I can get a pic for you.

:mrgreen:

·
Banned
881 Posts
Here is the door on a non-AC heater box in the closed position.

Here is the door on a non-AC heater box being held open with a pen. Can you see the pine needles in the opening?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow Ernie, thanks for the pic, I'll checkit out tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Leak into passenger compartment

I have a leak in the passenger compartment of my 1982 El camino when it rains. I have drenched the windshield and top of the heater box with a hose but cannot reproduce the leak when it rains. A small amount of water is found on the passenger side floor mat after an overnight rain! Help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts