El Camino Central Forum banner

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,559 Posts
Hello @87next2last1

I have covered how to set up notifications for new members in this post below per your previous requests:

You can put up announcements posts in those club or events sections but we do not allow members to send out mass email communications.

Jeff M
how do you send out mass communications by conversations ?

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
I apologize, I finally found them. I thought I had pictures of the elk in gray before the yellow primer. How would it work to put the albums under the showcase?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,559 Posts
Hey Lenny,
I tried to get the Administrator to answer your thread seems like they will not try to help you & do not want to change the system ! Maybe the head people should find another website to go to ?

·
Administrator
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I apologize, I finally found them. I thought I had pictures of the elk in gray before the yellow primer. How would it work to put the albums under the showcase?
You can setup your Showcase here:

What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?
Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on content you wish to share. Showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas gallery would be like a photo album.

How to Create a Showcase?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and select “Showcase”.

From the Showcase page, click on “Add item” in the right-hand corner.

A popup will appear at the top. Click on “showcase”.

A form will open for you to fill in the blanks, such as title, tags, general information, etc.

Scroll down to “General Information” to content and images, in the same way that you would for writing a post. The first image added will be the cover photo.

Add any additional item details, and “Save”.

If you want to make any changes, including choosing a different cover photo from the images you added, you can do so by editing your showcase.

How To Edit Showcase
To edit a Showcase, click on your Avatar in top right-hand corner and select “My Showcase”

Click on the title or image of the Showcase that you want to edit. Scroll to the bottom, and above comments you will see the Share options and a three-dot menu icon. Click the 3 vertical dots.

From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Edit item”.

From here, you will be brought to the editor used to create the Showcase. Make changes or add content as needed. Before clicking “Save” at the bottom, you may add a checkmark to post as an update if you are working on an ongoing Showcase, such as might be the case for projects, to alert your followers.

If you want to change the cover photo, click the 3 vertical dot again.

From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Set cover image”.

A popup will display the images within your showcase.

Click to add a dot to the one you want as the cover and click save.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
how do you search for members in your state, region ?
How do you add more then 5 members at a time to the conversations ?
There is no current functionality to search user by location and 5 members is the max amount for users to add to a conversation.

Hey Lenny,
I tried to get the Administrator to answer your thread seems like they will not try to help you & do not want to change the system ! Maybe the head people should find another website to go to ?
We let you know how to get notified about new users posting here:

We have also added the link to the regional section higher on the page here per your request for more visibility.
reg_discusisons.png

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
I noticed that the NECOA logo in the banner is working better in the right top banner area.
It isn't losing the top and bottom lines when being stretched on large screens.

·
Administrator
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
how come the Top Contributors this Month doesn't reset each month ???
Hey there,

These results are populated over a month's worth of statistics. If you make 2000 (non-spam) contributions on the 15th of the month. You'll hold a title until the 15th of the next month. It is less Top Contributor of January/February and more of "Top Contributor of this month window"

If that makes sense. :)
If it doesn't let me know and I can explain further.
-Gerrit

·
Administrator
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Click on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right-hand corner of the community.

Click on “Gallery” in the drop down menu.

From the left side navigation, click on “Your albums”.

Near the top right of the page, click on “Add media”.

A popup will open. Click on “Create personal album”.

First, add a title to your album and a description. Now it is time to click “Upload file”.

Once you have uploaded your file, add some information for the image.

When you are done, click save.
When need to add to your album, click on “Gallery” from the drop-down menu below the dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site again.

Click on “Your albums” from the left-side navigation.

You can click on the add media button again.

And then click on “Add media to existing album.

Or if you prefer, when you click on “Your albums” you can just click on the specific album where you want to add the image(s)

When you click on a specific album, you will also see some privacy options so you can decide who can view your images and who can’t.

Does this help?

-Gerrit

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi all. I’m so glad the forum is back on. After I signed up, I found this site to be somewhat confusing to navigate and gave up.
I’m back now...I need to continue to learn Elkys and pic y’all’s brain for knowledge. Edit; It works!!

·
Administrator
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Hi all. I’m so glad the forum is back on. After I signed up, I found this site to be somewhat confusing to navigate and gave up.
I’m back now...I need to continue to learn Elkys and pic y’all’s brain for knowledge. Edit; It works!!
There is more help here: FAQ

If you have questions about anything related to site help, you know how to find us.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
@Administrator
Opening a new browser session (MS Edge on Win 10) at 16:07 appears to connect again.

Refreshing the two browser sessions that reported errors are now working at 2020feb12 at 16:12 PST.

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
There is a small bug with the "edit thread" function that we are working on resolving, the settings need some tweaks.

You should have 24 hours to edit a post unlimited then you have 7 edits per week to existing legacy posts.

Jeff M
@Administrator Jeff, The weekly counter appears to continue to include posts that were edited in the first 24 hours.
When I attempt to edit any post over 7 days, I rewceive error message:
"You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days"

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
@Administrator
Saturday 2020Feb15 around 11"00 to 11:30 AM PST. I repeatedly receive error message when attaching an image.
"Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

Example adding the images in posts #13 in this thread:

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Actually, I tried to add some tech info to Thread 199 above and now get different errors.

Screen print shows tech info and new error.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts