El Camino Central Forum banner

141 - 160 of 210 Posts

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I didn't ask to delete the post, I asked how do you delete a post ????
Seems like you received an inadverted answer. Users can not delete posts, only Super Mods or Admins can do so. Please report the content you wish to delete, or notify a staff member. Please be courteous with your requests since many of the site staff do volunteer to help out, so flooding them with requests may be intense. If you need to flood someone with requests, let that be us :)

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
@Administrator @87next2last1
Steve, Deleting a post may result in broken links when others have referred to the post that you (or anyone) would try to delete.

The info below appears to show that we can now go back and update older posts.
So, if a duplicate posts appear from a week ago, the Original Poster or a site Admin can go back and make changes that delete the content of the later post, replacing it with text like "Duplicate Post".

Site admins have additional privileges and can update other's posts.
For instance if I was a new member and posted my truck for sale, a site admin should be able to add the "cautionary referral" to read a rules post and replace that over the original text. Site Admins include Administrator and those NECOA Members in "Staff" who have admin authority.

Note that some Members can now go back and fix lost images that resulted from the days when PhotoBucket "broke stuff".
====
==== Cut and paste from site enhancements from 2020Jan08
Release 30 - Jan 08 2020

Dear Community Members and Moderators,

Our first release of the new year contains a couple of exciting updates.

Editing Posts
The new edit limits feature includes unlimited editing of new posts - fix that typo or add more details as often as you like, within 24 hours of posting.

To summarize how editing works, members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

Improved Search
We are excited to introduce more search functionality to help members find the information they need faster and easier. Now, you can search the entire site or narrow down to a specific forum or discussion that you are currently viewing.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,633 Posts
@Administrator @87next2last1
Steve, Deleting a post may result in broken links when others have referred to the post that you (or anyone) would try to delete.

The info below appears to show that we can now go back and update older posts.
So, if a duplicate posts appear from a week ago, the Original Poster or a site Admin can go back and make changes that delete the content of the later post, replacing it with text like "Duplicate Post".

Site admins have additional privileges and can update other's posts.
For instance if I was a new member and posted my truck for sale, a site admin should be able to add the "cautionary referral" to read a rules post and replace that over the original text. Site Admins include Administrator and those NECOA Members in "Staff" who have admin authority.

Note that some Members can now go back and fix lost images that resulted from the days when PhotoBucket "broke stuff".
====
==== Cut and paste from site enhancements from 2020Jan08
Release 30 - Jan 08 2020

Editing Posts
The new edit limits feature includes unlimited editing of new posts - fix that typo or add more details as often as you like, within 24 hours of posting.

To summarize how editing works, members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

Improved Search
We are excited to introduce more search functionality to help members find the information they need faster and easier. Now, you can search the entire site or narrow down to a specific forum or discussion that you are currently viewing.
Hey Gale,
That wasn't my problem, I made a post & found my answer some time later so I didn't need the post, so I wanted to delete it like we could before.

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Hey Gale,
That wasn't my problem, I made a post & found my answer some time later so I didn't need the post, so I wanted to delete it like we could before.
If the post does not contain personal information it should stay on the site. Otherwise the info published there stays there. Randomly removing posts will make for problems with threads and search indexing.
-Philip

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,633 Posts
asked 11 days ago about this thread that needs the pics fixed

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
asked 11 days ago about this thread that needs the pics fixed
This is not a quick fix, developers are looking into it and hope to have a resolution soon.

Jeff M

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
@Lenny Carey

There are a few tools to help you with new members.

You can also follow sections to get notified of new posts and they will show up here:

You can set up email notifications here:

Follow / Following
  • Sections, Forums and Discussions you want to keep track of and find out the latest information on, you can also receive alerts based on your followed content.
  • You may also know this as subscribed content
  • You can also follow a user this allows you to friend a user and make them a safe contact. * Check out your friends directory to see who you are following and change settings.
You can also click your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select following.

Some other links to help out with finding new members.

Threads looking for replies:

Newest mebers under member dashbaord:

View attachment 126964

Jeff M
Cricket , As the Administrator , thank you for your time listing several ways that I can attempt to find new member so that I can spend many hours to find , welcome and invite them to join us for one of the numerous get togethers that we are fortunate to have here in Region 6 , Florida . Most of the suggestions are what I have been previously doing for hours and hours already because the " team " , has for some unexplained reason , decided to stop notifying Regional Directors about new members as has been done previously . The real answer is that we WILL NOT be notified who our new members are , what part of the world they live in , or anything else . Please share with the " team " that as a long time Director and someone who supports this association that , I think this new policy is destructive to our association , hurts our efforts and is an idiotic way to run a website when we should be supporting each other . National Director Ken Rogers used to send out mass emails to our Florida members about our upcoming events and we always picked up a few more attendees . My understanding is that this will no longer be allowed . Also , now when I try to contact our Florida members I am restricted to sending out private messages to only 5 people at a time ! If I can now only send to 5 members at a time , how long will it take me to contact half of the state of Florida ? I am sorry that this post is so negative but I see the harm that the " team " is doing to our association . If any of them care to talk with me privately , ask and I will send my phone number . Lenny Carey , Director for Region 6 , Florida

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Cricket , As the Administrator , thank you for your time listing several ways that I can attempt to find new member so that I can spend many hours to find , welcome and invite them to join us for one of the numerous get togethers that we are fortunate to have here in Region 6 , Florida . Most of the suggestions are what I have been previously doing for hours and hours already because the " team " , has for some unexplained reason , decided to stop notifying Regional Directors about new members as has been done previously . The real answer is that we WILL NOT be notified who our new members are , what part of the world they live in , or anything else . Please share with the " team " that as a long time Director and someone who supports this association that , I think this new policy is destructive to our association , hurts our efforts and is an idiotic way to run a website when we should be supporting each other . National Director Ken Rogers used to send out mass emails to our Florida members about our upcoming events and we always picked up a few more attendees . My understanding is that this will no longer be allowed . Also , now when I try to contact our Florida members I am restricted to sending out private messages to only 5 people at a time ! If I can now only send to 5 members at a time , how long will it take me to contact half of the state of Florida ? I am sorry that this post is so negative but I see the harm that the " team " is doing to our association . If any of them care to talk with me privately , ask and I will send my phone number . Lenny Carey , Director for Region 6 , Florida
Hello Lenny,
Thank you for writing out a detailed explanation for what the root cause of what your issue is. Helping us understand why features are important will help us develop features that will allow you to complete the task you desire, while protecting user's identities. I know we are currently working on building out the limits of our Conversation restrictions to allow for more participants, but I also want to resolve all other issues. Without focusing on what is lost, or what is complex now. Please let me know what tasks you're looking to complete and accomplish in and through our site and with its members so I can help develop features to get you there. :)

Trying to post,screen goes black and says "ADVERTSEMENT ROTATE SCREEN!"
Can you please provide me more information on what happened so I can help you resolve this ad lay out issue you're having.

-Gerrit

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
When this happens the screen locks up and I have to get on the site again.Only happens here.Thanks.
Hello Lenny,
Thank you for writing out a detailed explanation for what the root cause of what your issue is. Helping us understand why features are important will help us develop features that will allow you to complete the task you desire, while protecting user's identities. I know we are currently working on building out the limits of our Conversation restrictions to allow for more participants, but I also want to resolve all other issues. Without focusing on what is lost, or what is complex now. Please let me know what tasks you're looking to complete and accomplish in and through our site and with its members so I can help develop features to get you there. :)

Can you please provide me more information on what happened so I can help you resolve this ad lay out issue you're having.

-Gerrit
Hello Lenny,

-Gerrit
Thank you for the reply and please read my previous post again . My issues should be clear that I am upset that us Regional Directors are no longer being notified when a new member joins , what their name is , what part of the world they live in etc. Hey , I do not want to know their social security number , address or what they ate for lunch . Previously we were notified what region the new member is in and their online name/handle . I would send a welcome letter to them inviting them to join us for one of our numerous get togethers , find out if they need info/parts and do what we could to help them . This notification abrupty stopped without being told why and I am now told that I need to go back to the way I used to do , spending tooo many hours trying to ferret out any crumb of information that is not available unless they post it in the new member forums . This new member contact is vitally important to our association and is a set back if we do not receive it . When I have asked this several times before I get a polite response that does not answer my question . Why won`t my question be answered by the website ? I have discussed this with National Director Ken Rogers and he is frustrated also . Why is the website team not helping us with this ? Previously I was also able to send out a large number of Private Message at one time to our Florida members with a thanks for attending our event of inviting them out to a certain event . Now , I am allowed to only do 5 at a time and have to redo another message to do more than five . I don`t and will no longer again spend hours doing something that should only take a few minutes and only requires the " Team " , to click a button . . I have a life besides the website . In addition , Ken used to send out a mass email to our Florida members when we had a special evnt coming up . That is no longer allowed . I do not understand why Auto Forums or whoever is in charge of the website will not help us grow our association . I have been a Regional Director for a number of years but if something cannot be done , I am ready to quit . .Again , sorry for the negativity of my post but after asking before and still not getting answers or help , I think you can understand my frustration . Surely there are some people at Auto Forums that can do something . Lenny Carey , Region 6 , Florida Director

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Release 30 - Jan 08 2020

Editing Posts

@Administrator
This may be a difference in interpretation and actual implementation.
With bad neuropathy in my hands, I appreciate the ability to have lots of edit abilities on my new (today's) posts.

Every time I try to edit an older post, I get an error that I have exceeded the count for the week.
My thoughts are that the counter may include changes to today's post to the week's change counter.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,633 Posts
Thank you for the reply and please read my previous post again . My issues should be clear that I am upset that us Regional Directors are no longer being notified when a new member joins , what their name is , what part of the world they live in etc. Hey , I do not want to know their social security number , address or what they ate for lunch . Previously we were notified what region the new member is in and their online name/handle . I would send a welcome letter to them inviting them to join us for one of our numerous get togethers , find out if they need info/parts and do what we could to help them . This notification abrupty stopped without being told why and I am now told that I need to go back to the way I used to do , spending tooo many hours trying to ferret out any crumb of information that is not available unless they post it in the new member forums . This new member contact is vitally important to our association and is a set back if we do not receive it . When I have asked this several times before I get a polite response that does not answer my question . Why won`t my question be answered by the website ? I have discussed this with National Director Ken Rogers and he is frustrated also . Why is the website team not helping us with this ? Previously I was also able to send out a large number of Private Message at one time to our Florida members with a thanks for attending our event of inviting them out to a certain event . Now , I am allowed to only do 5 at a time and have to redo another message to do more than five . I don`t and will no longer again spend hours doing something that should only take a few minutes and only requires the " Team " , to click a button . . I have a life besides the website . In addition , Ken used to send out a mass email to our Florida members when we had a special evnt coming up . That is no longer allowed . I do not understand why Auto Forums or whoever is in charge of the website will not help us grow our association . I have been a Regional Director for a number of years but if something cannot be done , I am ready to quit . .Again , sorry for the negativity of my post but after asking before and still not getting answers or help , I think you can understand my frustration . Surely there are some people at Auto Forums that can do something . Lenny Carey , Region 6 , Florida Director
I agree with you Lenny, Plus I've been trying to get them to change the header picture to our logo (since day 1 they started this new site) that we have been using for years since We Are Not el camino central, We Are the National EL Camino Owners Association at elcaminocentral.com, How long does it take just to change the top pic ?

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I agree with you Lenny, Plus I've been trying to get them to change the header picture to our logo (since day 1 they started this new site) that we have been using for years since We Are Not el camino central, We Are the National EL Camino Owners Association at elcaminocentral.com, How long does it take just to change the top pic ? View attachment 127161
We have creative working on updating the banner.

The images you gave us need to be recreated and with the number of banners needed for migrations there is a slight backlog.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
@Administrator
This may be a difference in interpretation and actual implementation.
With bad neuropathy in my hands, I appreciate the ability to have lots of edit abilities on my new (today's) posts.

Every time I try to edit an older post, I get an error that I have exceeded the count for the week.
My thoughts are that the counter may include changes to today's post to the week's change counter.
There is a small bug with the "edit thread" function that we are working on resolving, the settings need some tweaks.

You should have 24 hours to edit a post unlimited then you have 7 edits per week to existing legacy posts.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Any chance they will ever have a regional events link in the beginning area? Hope about before or after "other events"? It sure would be nice to talk to other people in your region instead of having to scroll to the second from the last line

141 - 160 of 210 Posts