El Camino Central Forum banner

161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,648 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,648 Posts
while working on the header banner there should be pics of all 5 generations of the El Caminos or remove the pic & just have the NECOA banner only ! jmho

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
@87next2last1
Steve, Try this to get an idea of why that won't work well.
That top banner needs to be flexible.
It needs to be able to expand and contract.
This is to help support different size screens.
Open the site in a browser and then make the browser window narrow, like it would look on smaller tablet or cell phone.
Then watch the 3 truck image as you slowly drag the window to the full width of the screen.
You will see the image truncate as the aspect ratio changes.
Repeat the process again, only now watch the NECOA banner.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Bellow is an example of narrow screen and wide screen as a visitor stretches the width on the visitor's screen.

Narrow:

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
We will be making some minor design tweaks the banner but we got the logo up there for you guys and this is what we have been able to add to keep in format with the site color scheme.

Jeff M

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,648 Posts
from
Lenny Carey

Thank you for the reply and please read my previous post again . My issues should be clear that I am upset that us Regional Directors are no longer being notified when a new member joins , what their name is , what part of the world they live in etc. Hey , I do not want to know their social security number , address or what they ate for lunch . Previously we were notified what region the new member is in and their online name/handle . I would send a welcome letter to them inviting them to join us for one of our numerous get togethers , find out if they need info/parts and do what we could to help them . This notification abrupty stopped without being told why and I am now told that I need to go back to the way I used to do , spending tooo many hours trying to ferret out any crumb of information that is not available unless they post it in the new member forums . This new member contact is vitally important to our association and is a set back if we do not receive it . When I have asked this several times before I get a polite response that does not answer my question . Why won`t my question be answered by the website ? I have discussed this with National Director Ken Rogers and he is frustrated also . Why is the website team not helping us with this ? Previously I was also able to send out a large number of Private Message at one time to our Florida members with a thanks for attending our event of inviting them out to a certain event . Now , I am allowed to only do 5 at a time and have to redo another message to do more than five . I don`t and will no longer again spend hours doing something that should only take a few minutes and only requires the " Team " , to click a button . . I have a life besides the website . In addition , Ken used to send out a mass email to our Florida members when we had a special evnt coming up . That is no longer allowed . I do not understand why Auto Forums or whoever is in charge of the website will not help us grow our association . I have been a Regional Director for a number of years but if something cannot be done , I am ready to quit . .Again , sorry for the negativity of my post but after asking before and still not getting answers or help , I think you can understand my frustration . Surely there are some people at Auto Forums that can do something . Lenny Carey , Region 6 , Florida Director

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just my 2 cents..... if it aint broke dont fix it! Been patient on here for the last 2 months and i dont care for this new site. i dont come on here daily like i use too. Just to hard to navigate and use something that was so simple to get to before...thats all!

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,521 Posts
Just my 2 cents..... if it aint broke dont fix it! Been patient on here for the last 2 months and i dont care for this new site. i dont come on here daily like i use too. Just to hard to navigate and use something that was so simple to get to before...thats all!
totally agree. not mention my albums and pics are all jacked up

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
@JKCamino Josh Asked
"How do I edit my showcases?"

Try this.
In your post above, left click on your Avatar.
A drop down selection list appears.
Left click on My Showcase

Then a screen shows your showcases.
Left click on the image of the one you wish to select (Yes, we know these are mine since I cannot edit yours).
For this example I right click on the 1955 Garton Full Fender Roadster

Note the following:
There is one image chosen as the primary image.
Then the text appears.
Then the More Options icon which is three vertical dots appears,
Then the other images appear.

So left click the More Options icon (See image below with green arrow.
Note that you can select "Set Cover Image" which I marked with 5 green bars (instead of my arrow).
You can also select "Edit Item" which I marked with a green bar.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,648 Posts
to @Administrator

from
@Lenny Carey

Thank you for the reply and please read my previous post again . My issues should be clear that I am upset that us Regional Directors are no longer being notified when a new member joins , what their name is , what part of the world they live in etc. Hey , I do not want to know their social security number , address or what they ate for lunch . Previously we were notified what region the new member is in and their online name/handle . I would send a welcome letter to them inviting them to join us for one of our numerous get togethers , find out if they need info/parts and do what we could to help them . This notification abrupty stopped without being told why and I am now told that I need to go back to the way I used to do , spending tooo many hours trying to ferret out any crumb of information that is not available unless they post it in the new member forums . This new member contact is vitally important to our association and is a set back if we do not receive it . When I have asked this several times before I get a polite response that does not answer my question . Why won`t my question be answered by the website ? I have discussed this with National Director Ken Rogers and he is frustrated also . Why is the website team not helping us with this ? Previously I was also able to send out a large number of Private Message at one time to our Florida members with a thanks for attending our event of inviting them out to a certain event . Now , I am allowed to only do 5 at a time and have to redo another message to do more than five . I don`t and will no longer again spend hours doing something that should only take a few minutes and only requires the " Team " , to click a button . . I have a life besides the website . In addition , Ken used to send out a mass email to our Florida members when we had a special evnt coming up . That is no longer allowed . I do not understand why Auto Forums or whoever is in charge of the website will not help us grow our association . I have been a Regional Director for a number of years but if something cannot be done , I am ready to quit . .Again , sorry for the negativity of my post but after asking before and still not getting answers or help , I think you can understand my frustration . Surely there are some people at Auto Forums that can do something . Lenny Carey , Region 6 , Florida Director

·
Administrator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Hello @87next2last1

I have covered how to set up notifications for new members in this post below per your previous requests:

You can put up announcements posts in those club or events sections but we do not allow members to send out mass email communications.

Jeff M

161 - 180 of 210 Posts