El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that since the meet topic would probadly get off subject quick with 72ekly's flame worthy post. Let's use this thread to display what we think about our home team. I will be first to say that it blows me away how the Panther's have pulled to together this season. Man, their a team we can deffinently be proud of! How are yall going to watch the big game? :) We are having a small party at our house. Their is room for another couple or two if you want to come over.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I find myself several times daily just sitting back and telling myself over and over "we're going to the SUPERBOWL". It still doesn't seem real. It started to sink in Friday when I went downtown for the pep ralley. As far as watching, we also are having a small party (our cul-de-sac neighbors). Hanging around the house makes it easier to partake of the drink of your choice. GO PANTHERS!!

·
823 Posts
Got to drive an 18 wheeler on Monday, so my ass is staying home! :eek:nfire: GO PANTHERS! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'll problaby be goin' down to a friends party...as a matter of fact...not TOO far from YOU Tommy!!! May be able to do a double-duty party if the invite's still open! :mrgreen:

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alchemist wrote
As much as it PAINS me to say this...but the Pats should win...BIG.
You know, thats what everyone thought when we played Dalas, Then they thought the same thing against St. Louis. They thought it big time then we played Philly. The Panthers seem to thive on being the underdog. The more they say, the more determined the Cats. get. Fox said that we are treating this as just another away game & that has worked so far. At mid season they were good but not a championship team. Now they are playing like one , one that could take it all. Should be a good close game. It should not be a run away for either team. I just hope that when the smoke clears, the Panthers are on top! Al, give me a call.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tommy said:
You know, thats what everyone thought when we played Dalas, Then they thought the same thing against St. Louis. They thought it big time then we played Philly. The Panthers seem to thive on being the underdog.
Ya know...you're right!!! Being the underdog DOES seem to bring out the "A-Team"!!!

....I just hope that when the smoke clears, the Panthers are on top!

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomarrow is the big day! OF course we are still the underdogs, but we have gained alot of respect.
GO Panthers!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tommy said:
Tomarrow is the big day! OF course we are still the underdogs, but we have gained alot of respect.
GO Panthers!!

Yup!!! Even the a whale (2-0 picking SB winner), an elephant (1-0 picking SB winner), and the Playstation game (8-0 picking winners) are all "Picking" the Panthers!

·
823 Posts
That thing looks like a flying Elvis! :lol:

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alchemist, With odds like that, we can't lose! 8) You know guys, Win or lose we have a world class team that will not go away!
GO PANTHERS!

·
Registered
23 Posts
:cry: I'm sorry ya'll, its all my fault, i messed up the ritual and see what happened! I'm going to ban my self to work until all those other fans go away! To: Panthers From: NASTYN8 ..........I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRYYYYYYYYYYY..... my bad. P.S. We will be back next year! Go Panthers, we love you :p

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not going to ask what your ritual was but don't be hard on yourself. We still make a good showing. We proved we are as good as anyone else & allthough some don't like it, we are a world class team with a big furture ahead. I am glad we make it to the big game ahead of the Jaguars. We have a team to be proud of!

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Nice Super Bowl Victory Parade

Tommy, Jim, and other friends in the Carolinas:

I just got back from taking an extended lunch break here in downtown Boston to walk over to the Patriots' SuperBowl victory parade. Tedi Bruschi and Willie McGinest both looked me right in the eye and gave me the thumbs up sign! I hope the big party at City Hall Plaza is over soon, so I'm not delayed in driving home. What a swell weekend!!

The Panthers were an absolutely EXPLOSIVE team Sunday night! Your team scared the hell out of all of us in New England with the way they played and fought. Clearly, this was two of the best teams ever to play in the Super Bowl! It coulda gone either way and no one could complain. You can bet all of us Patriots fans will be watching what the Panthers do at the start of next season. We're gonna have to really work to prepare for any rematch with Carolina!! Be proud of your team!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not like im disappointed overall, cuz im not. I'm really proud of my team, and the game was great, but the refs did seem a little favored....... :oops:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yes, I'm a proud Patriots fan. But I also have got to give props to the Panthers. They were the best team the Patriots played all season. It was an great game and I totally enjoyed watching.
Both teams showed up to play football, which doesn't usually happen in the Super Bowl. Both teams where well coached and focused.
Congrats to both teams for giving the fans a great day.

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, It was a good game. I am proud to say "Maybe next year"!

·
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could be. 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts