El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Asian culture has been peeping in on our love for The Almighty El Camino. We gotta reach out to them to join us!:texas::beer:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
If I searched correctly, Honmoku is on Tokyo bay in Japan. Who knew they had that many El Caminos?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
There are some sweet cars in that video.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not only that,the prices on their parts are ridiculous when you convert them to USD. Who knew a front air dam spoiler costs over $800 there?:dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..Cool Find Beast,it looks like some of our Texas buddys are there,I wonder if there a "Trip D" or a "Kenrogers1"....:secret:

....Hummm,I think so..:poke:..But,can they pull it off,like in Belton.???:dontknow:..

...I Think So...:beer:
:beer:

Attachments

·
Senior Member Participating Member
831 Posts
Where are the 4th gens?:yell:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understand that elcos are very popular in some European countries too. I was at an auction at Hot August nights in Reno last summer and lost in bidding on a 1971 Sprint in mint condition. Afterward I went to talk to the winning bidder and he told me he was shipping it over seas and would probably triple his money! Kind of glad not everyone in N. America appreciates them otherwise prices would be outta my reach.

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
I understand that elcos are very popular in some European countries too. I was at an auction at Hot August nights in Reno last summer and lost in bidding on a 1971 Sprint in mint condition. Afterward I went to talk to the winning bidder and he told me he was shipping it over seas and would probably triple his money! Kind of glad not everyone in N. America appreciates them otherwise prices would be outta my reach.
A nice El Camino will 'do' around $9,000 in Holland. Not really that much richer than in the US.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
"Where are the 4th gens?" Same place they are here. Not old enough to be street rods, and not new enough to be dependable. Built in the dark days at GM.

I have a friend in Kyoto who has a T bucket and an old Mustang. He's a dentist, and makes plenty of money for that. But he's a member of a club that has regular meetings and shows.

Several of our T bucket members have sold cars and put them in containers going to Japan. High buck here, but low-buck there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts