El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this bed cap on facebook the owner Dom Esposito was asking about the cap on a 1974 SS and she was told to ask the people on el camino central. I do not believe the owner has posted about it yet but I am also very curious about this bed cap. Does anyone no anything about it? Here is a picture of said el camino and said bed cap. Also note the boat is in the background not on the car someone had though otherwise on facebook and I wanted to clear that up now as it has been cleared already on facebook. :smileyb:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
That "someone" was me and it was a joke. I actually think some "got it", apparently it went over some heads. How hard is this? For those who don't check the facebook site, I wrote " I think it is a custom, built to hold that small boat that is sitting on it." That was funny to me but having to explain a joke takes all the funny out.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
My dad had a 77 El Camino some years ago, and a guy he worked with gave him a "camper" top for it that made it look like a fast back from the side, but from the back the window was kind of straight up and down with the El Camino back window and the bed cover was flat. It was a weird looking thing. We ended up giving it away and never used it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad had a 77 El Camino some years ago, and a guy he worked with gave him a "camper" top for it that made it look like a fast back from the side, but from the back the window was kind of straight up and down with the El Camino back window and the bed cover was flat. It was a weird looking thing. We ended up giving it away and never used it.
You think it was a mass produced thing or some custom that some sort of shop built on command?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,564 Posts
Thanks

Thanks, it doesn't look like that anymore I'm doing a Laguna S3 replica El camino check out my album and see where I'm at with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts