El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Referring to my "wheels" posts in the suspension forum. I found some Monte SS aluminum wheels with near new tires for $200. I was wanting to go with 16x8 S-10 Xtreme wheels, but those S-10 punks think those wheels are made out of gold or something :roll: The Monte wheels have a nice look, and should match well with my Elky's SS conversion 8) I'll be off on a 5hr round trip journy this weekend to pick them up (5hrs, oh joy :cry: ) :lol:

·
Banned
881 Posts
Last summer I found two 86-88 MCSS rims in excellent condition, with the centercaps, at a local flea market. The guy was asking $5 each for them. Even though I didn't really need them I couldn't pass up that type of a deal. Now I've got two spares for my 86 MCSS.

Ya gotta be in the right place, at the right time.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the guy backed out on me last weekend at the last minute, said something came up. Kinda ticked me off! He said he could bring them this weekend, then backed out again, said he had to work. Finally gets pics taken to show me thier cond, and thier painted BLACK 8O , they look terrible!!!!! All this dinking around, just to find out they've been painted :roll: The search continues...

·
Banned
881 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
All this dinking around, just to find out they've been painted. The search continues...
Well...I guess it's a good thing you didn't drive the 5 hour round trip. Keep looking. Tis the season for spring swap meets. You should be able to get a complete set of MCSS rims for around $100 at most swap meets.

:mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts