El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 4-6 weeks for body and paint. :p Sorry no way I'd sell it. :lol: Going to be strange when I get it back a new color. Will post pictures along the way.

·
Registered
314 Posts
what color are you going with?

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now it's going to be the new Nissan 350Z Silver with Black SS stripes on the cowl hood. I know it's an import color but it still looks good and I think it will look good on the Elky.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
paint color

While I like the color you have chosen, I do not think these vehicles in any light color looks good. I have seen several great looking vehicles in dark colors but the burgundy and silver with the orginal beauty rings on the wheels is absolutely stunning. It is the best combination I have seen!

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: paint color

spoonplugger said:
I do not think these vehicles in any light color looks good,
Guess I just have to disagree with you there. I think they look great!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Re: paint color

Poltergeist said:
spoonplugger said:
I do not think these vehicles in any light color looks good,
Guess I just have to disagree with you there. I think they look great!

I love the silver ones, but the other two colors aren't that great. I almost didn't buy the Elky we have when the guy told me it was yellow...course he didn't really mean yellow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Coooolll

Hey man, cool news about the Elky going in for a makeover. Once I get my crate engine put in and all is well again, I will enjoy it for a while and then throw down some money to have it painted. I too plan on getting a Nissan color, I want the new red that is on the '04 Maxima. The body and everything is in amazing shape, but is showing some minor wear. I also want my crome trim removed from the sides and wheel wells. Are there a lot of holes for pegs that need to be filled? 90% of the nice El Caminos I see have their trim removed and mine is getting old and damaged, so I'd like to see it go. How much are you paying and how much work are they doing if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks,
Kris

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The price is starting out at 4k for paint and body. He's filling in the tailgate since the license is in the bumper now. Filling in the passenger side door lock (who needs it?). Filling in the hole from the antenna. Filling in the holes from the bodyside molding. Getting the new bumpers to matchup with the body better. Fixing the holes from rust under the rear window. Filling in the hole in the front header panel where the El Camino emblem use to stick up at. Fixing some of the dents in the bed, not going for show quaility but getting the major stuff fixed. Completely stripping the old paint, removing the doors, front fenders and hood (being replaced with a cowl hood) to paint and get in the jams etc. And painting on the SS stripes on the hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts