El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings my el camino brethren, I am curious of what seating options have you considered or possibly using? I catch myself going to the boneyard alot and asking myself have anyone else thought of this or have already done it. I currently have a factory bench seating in my '86. Comes in handy when riding with the Misses but even she have mention buckets. I showed her DarbySan setup and she was enamored. (googly eyes) So what have you guys done and considered and what was the difficulty level?

Thanks

Marvin

·
Registered
558 Posts
I originally had a very tired spine broken bench seat in mine. I took buckets out of an 89 mustang and thats what I am using in my 86 el camino. I did it in part because I wanted something lower and with a thinner back. I love how it changed the whole feel of my car after the change as I never fit quite well in mine. Now its the only thing I'm comfortable driving. I'm sure you can find something newer and nicer but for me it was cheap and they're super easy to find. I did have to drill new holes in the floors and reinforce it though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a set of buckets out of an 84 firebird. They are sortta half assed in there, but I have a plann for doing it properly.

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
92 Trans Am buckets, love them...high bolsters, high back seat to keep my head off of the rear glass..

·
0 Posts
Mine are buckets with a flipdown cupholders which come from an 80s shortbed Chevy truck

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I modified some buckets from a 89 Pont Grand-Am had to make new brackets for the front, still used the stock 60/40 bolt for the front and drilled some holes for the rear and put in a spacer bar to raise it up and took out the orig seat belts and bolted the ones from the Pont in their place. Wroks pretty well. Good hunting for the right ones.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
81 Camaro buckets.
I made my own brackets and moved the driverside back more for my 6ft 4in frame.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
I'm partial to 98-03 Grand Am buckets myself! :poketounge:

You've seen the pics

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Randycamino52. Its a labor of love. I'm glad someone with non-domestic seat chimed in. I see with time and effort, many different set-ups are possible. Its nice to know alot of you guys attempted to make your vehicle unique.... and don't mind sharing :You_Rock:

·
823 Posts
I spent 600 bucks on Summits Procar Rally seats. Made my own brackets. Very sweet seats....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I spent 600 bucks on Summits Procar Rally seats. Made my own brackets. Very sweet seats....
I'm' using these same seats in my '68. I think they were a little over $800 with the brackets. Very comfortable and snug, even when taking hard corners.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those Pro Rallys are nice. I think buckets would push me to grab/fab a console also. It would be nice to have a drink holder. Right now the passenger/old lady has to hold the drinks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have never looked at the the 90s Monte Carlo seats. I googled them and they looked extremely comfortable

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks alot Fixitman1 for the info and the post. Very informative. i still would like to know what year was S10 that you got the overhead out of? WTG:You_Rock:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Never got a responce from the person i bought it from on Ebay,when i take it down to adj.the fit i will look on back for a part number .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts