El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have got a lot of the typical elky stuff under my hood but am wondering if i can bypass any of it?

Pointing to...
-The wire coil that has only one connected thing in it which is a sending unit for a guage

Pointing to....
-The thick wire cluster going from the fender to the engine

and

-The vacume ball

Pointing to...

-The vacume ball

and

-Cruise control box, it aint workin.

Also a big item... The vacume canister.

can you guys tell me what all i can bypass or simplify?

Thanks guys

Brandon

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
So have you already replaced the distributor and carb to NON-ECM models? There's alot of plumbing associated with the AIR pump and lines to your stock headers. Alot of sensors that tie into the ECM, and those have vacuum lines and other wiring associated with them. The ECM is on passenger side and the harness from the engine compartment goes in below the heater blower motor through the firewall. Seen all that get removed by owners in non-smog test states.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohh ok, the carb is linked to some of that... And to answer your question, havent ordered the carb yet. waiting for a time i will have extra time on my hands. school will be busy these next 2 weeks.

What would be real nice is if i could just drop a 400 sbc in!!:yell::yell::yell:, i already cleared out the emissions and a ton of other junk! i can actually see the engine now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.