El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to paint these wheels.

My dad owns a powder coating shop so it will be most convenient to get them painted there. However, it will only be one color. I'm thinking a silver color, since he has a nice lot of silvers to choose from. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
Pic of wheels did not show up...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
If it was mine car I would stay with just what you have but silver will probably be kool too. I'm just waiting to get my engine bay repainted soon and since my tires are just like your, I'm going with Cragar wheels. That is if I have any money left after the engine is pulled and it's all done right this year. I see you are fairly new on here so enjoy your ride and if you know of any Car Shows in your area, let me know This is my e-mail [email protected] Michael in Virginia (South Boston):smileyb:

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I'm kinda partial to leaving the factory wheels that way.......They look good

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
X2 on leaving the same color. In silver, you'll lose the way the trim "pops".

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
X3 on keeping them the same. Honestly i like how the rally wheels look! They look good on your camino!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Those rims look good. Maybe a gloss black and leave the silver alone, Just my thoughts :texas:

·
Registered
449 Posts
leave them the way they are or the darker color of your two tone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys. I'll take your advice and keep them the same. It does indeed look nice. However, when I get new tires in a few months, I'll just put my car on the jack and probably powder coat the wheel the same color and then have my friend liquid spray the beauty ring to the same trim color.:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts