El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was recently givin a 1969 350/350 El Camino, the car needs alittle body work and a paint job. I am taking body classes at a local community college and I was wondering what color I should paint the car, its green right now? I need an easy color since its my first time painting. I also need to know a good place to get the rear quarter replacements, I need the small sections around the wheel openings? I am also trying to decide if I want to leave in the 350 or put in a 327 I am getting out of a 64 Chevelle 2door wagon(unless its the stock motor, which has yet to be seen or what version of the 327 it is)? Thanks for the help.

Drew

·
Registered
266 Posts
As a rule of thumb,the lighter the color,the better it will turn out. The darker the color,the harder it is to get right. There is a reason they call white,bodymans white. It hides a lot of imperfections. As far as quarters,did you try Original Parts Group? As far as the engine,I'd leave the 350 alone but that's just my .02

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I don't have a white photo, but here's a light color:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I am getting the car for free and its not an ss or anything I am thinking about chopping the top. I did a search and found a really nice early 70's car that is chopped and blacked out and its one the sexiest looking cars I have ever seen. A guy in the class I am going to do the restore in choped his old ford coupe so I think he can help me out plus if I pull the top off I will get to keep my car inside the shop instead of outside in the weather. I will have some time to decide, because the first thing I am doing is the rear quarters and dent work. If anyone has any idea's please chime in. I am saving this car from rusting away so I really dont feel bad about chopping up a classic because if I dont take it it will rot away. If I do chop it I think I will go black and black it out like the one I saw and use fiberglass bumpers.

Drew

·
1,867 Posts
69 hugger orange baby. 8)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hard to beat 2004 Pontiac White. I put a clearcoat with some blue pearlescent that really looks good. I know this a Mopar color but how about Hemi orange? :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts