·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sleeper?

Maybe?

I think not:nanawrench:

Just a little worn out truck motor!!!:poke:

Now ya'll help me with the rest. They cut the upper rear end links and rewelded steel back in place.

Was told it was a posi but it's not like I'm used to seeing

trans?

Tell me what you see.
I'll post more later
Donny

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
looks like 350 or 350M trans, looks like that may be a mid-60s A body 10 bolt rear (pull the cover to check that and if posi or not)

how'd you get it home? does it turn over freely? is oil black or a creamy vanilla shake color? Enquiring minds want to know!!

:dontknow:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
that pic of the rear, I was just looking at it again. looks like they cut the control arms off about 4-5 inches in front of the rear, then welded them back together with some reinforcing.

At first I thought maybe they couldn't get the bolts out, cause they can rust up pretty solid.

but look close at the right rear upper control arm. it looks like there's an angle there where they welded it back together. That is what they do with the custom upper arms to fit a 64-67 A body 10/12 bolt into a G body. they have an angle in them to stay aligned.

They may have cut them to make homemade custom upper arms to put that 10 bolt in there. Nice idea! crawl back under there and look closer donny. Is that what they did?

:poke: :dontknow:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
hey trip d all b.s. aside i think you scored a sweet deal, loooking at those control arms i would be real concerned with pinion angle and alignment if ya need a set of control arms i have a set for ya and if ya need a 5th gen rear end i got a spare also... now as for that wore out truck motor:poke::You_Rock::beer::texas::secret:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
SCORE...:beer:

·
0 Posts
From what I know about this car,its a nice lil wore out truck motor.:hail2:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
YES SIR FIRST CHANCE I GET !!!!
ALL YA GOTTA DO IS LIFT!!!
CAN YOU SAY WHITE ROCK LAKE???
HAVE SLICKS WILL TRAVEL :beer:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
that looks like a 400 pan, i did the same to my rear arms to adjust the pinion angle to get rid of a trans cracking vibration between 95/105. then i built my own adjustable ones. on the trans look for a modulator sticking out the pass side near the dipstick at a right angle to the trans. if so its a 400. it could have a posi just need to pull the cover to be sure if it is or if some ugly has been done to it to lock it.buy a lot of rear tires and have a ball

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
looks like a square port intake. oval ports make more power and torque on any big block less than 502 s

1 - 20 of 45 Posts