El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new policy in the mail and was wondering what the rates are for other members?I'm with Hagerty for the last 14 years.My policy costs $452.00/year.The deductible is $250.00.My liability coverage is $2 million and the replacement value for my 1964 Camino is $52K.Also included is Hagerty's free roadside assistance.In case of breakdown,flat tire or you run out of gas they will send a tilt and load to pick you up.Also no mileage limits.And the vehicle has to be kept in a secure garage.Bill.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Funny, I just renewed my Hagerty insurance yesterday. Darn, I only have $30k coverage on mine but maybe I need to re consider that. I also have $1k deductible. My cost is $277 per year. This includes the roadside assistance. Also secure garage. I think I have some millage max on my plan, either 15,000 or 20. Can't remember

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,574 Posts
I have both my cars on the one policy.My Camino is insured for 35k and my Buick for 30k. I get a free windscreen once a year if need be. If either car is written off l keep the wreck.
This costs me $69.00/ month....bargain!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny, I just renewed my Hagerty insurance yesterday. Darn, I only have $30k coverage on mine but maybe I need to re consider that. I also have $1k deductible. My cost is $277 per year. This includes the roadside assistance. Also secure garage. I think I have some millage max on my plan, either 15,000 or 20. Can't remember
You should increase your replacement coverage Ken.You could not replace your beautiful Camino for $30K!

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,087 Posts
$378 annually for 5 on my Classic Car Insurance policy, all of them are valued at what I think they are worth.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks Bill. I was being cheap but this is no area to be cutting costs and classic car insurance is pretty reasonable. I do think the prices are fair.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When the 85 caballero was my daily driver i paid 110 monthly, but that was before about a dozen seatbelt tickets, my first speeding ticket, and a rear end collision (my fault). prolly would be a bit higher if i was to insure it now. :eek:nfire: also, that was just for basic liability or whatever you call it

·
Supporting Member
4,475 Posts
I recently got some very good quotes from the Corvette Auto Museum. Finally went with Classic Auto insurance, because as a retired person, I was not required to have 2 daily drivers.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Dude, personally, I pay about 1700 a year for my Audi Q5 from Motor Trade Insurance company. And you know what? Once my car suddenly stopped working, so I called these guys, and they took my car in their own repair auto shop and repaired it. Really, the problem was in transmission, so they fastly fixed it and made me a discount of 65% for the repair ) Furthermore, when I started working as a courier, I purchased Courier Van Insurance from that guys. I wonder, because I didn't even heard about such kind of insurance... But it saved me once, because I had an accident, but this company paid all the compensation for damages of my car and the delievered item )
sounds like you are in the UK, so it's not really comparing apples<->apples. I'm not aware of any insurance companies in the states that have their own shops. rushgator, being in the industry, could tell you all about why that can be a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I just joined with hagerty also and pretty well got the same rate. 1964 app at 49000. Every other ins. I contacted was way more. Calgary

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
insurance from different countries is comparing apples and oranges. as for how it is calculated? that's 30+ factors and each company has its own priorities (age, driving record, credit score, single/married, how far you drive, experience, where you live, local population, intended use of vehicle, own/rent, lifestyle hobbies, what kind of vehicle, prior claims, garaged or not, how many vehicles, who else is on the policy, local crime rate, etc) and they don't tell you how they weight those priorities.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts