El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Supporting Member
4,551 Posts
Just a followup on my previous recommendation of American Classic car insurance. Recently, a guy backed into my Jaguar, damaging the hood and bumper. It wasn't bad, but they figured it would cost more to repair than I had on my Agreed Value policy, so they paid me the full agreed value, then sold me back the car for less than $1K, with NO salvage title. I fixed the damage( replaced hood and bumper cover), then called them yesterday. Insurance is still in effect, including the full value of my Agreed Value Comp/Collision. They said it was not unusual for classic car owners to restore damaged vehicles, and as long as it looked like a good repair, they had no trouble keeping the insurance going. 5 Stars from me so far!.

PS: if you are a Vet and a member of USAA, then you get additional discounts!

Reactions: cyberray

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Just a followup on my previous recommendation of American Classic car insurance. Recently, a guy backed into my Jaguar, damaging the hood and bumper. It wasn't bad, but they figured it would cost more to repair than I had on my Agreed Value policy, so they paid me the full agreed value, then sold me back the car for less than $1K, with NO salvage title. I fixed the damage( replaced hood and bumper cover), then called them yesterday. Insurance is still in effect, including the full value of my Agreed Value Comp/Collision. They said it was not unusual for classic car owners to restore damaged vehicles, and as long as it looked like a good repair, they had no trouble keeping the insurance going. 5 Stars from me so far!.

PS: if you are a Vet and a member of USAA, then you get additional discounts!
Wasn't a Jag like this one was it?

·
Supporting Member
4,551 Posts
Nope, his near cousin, an XK8. Had a boss that restored an E type. Nice car.

·
Supporting Member
4,551 Posts
Kinda partial to that color.😀
Me too! Turns out the stock Jag color is very close to the GM color I painted my Elky. I can even use the Elky touch-up paint on the Jag.

Reactions: Hat Trick
21 - 25 of 25 Posts