El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Nostalgia. I found an old friend from 1973. This helped me a lot when I lived in the 405 (OK) and had a Mach 1, Lucas electronics on MGB and then later on Sprites and the high performance '62 Vette.

The 1970 El Camino is not much older than this Hawk, Pro - Engine Analyzer.
Has scales for High and Low RPM, Voltage, 8 Cyl and 6 Cyl Dwell (no 4 Cyl), High and Low Amps and Resistance (Ohms).

There should be an old chrome timing light from the same time frame that I will get to as I clean out old boxes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
I got the shift indicator working on my B&M Megashifter.
I think the instructions might say to wire the light to the light switch?
We modified my B&M hammer shifter to turn the indicator light on the floor console when we have key power. It makes it much easier to see in the day time.

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Cleaned the backup light housings and lenses. Replaced the broken bulbs.
Tested them out.

Realized the PO did not add the backup light and neutral safety switches when he moved to the B & M floor shift. Something more to add to the list.

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
Best of Show today

View attachment 83986
Okay why do my pics keep ending up sideways?
It has to do with the info that is stored in the header of the image file.
It is likely that this image was shot on a cell phone.
It stores info differently than what the software the ECC site is generated in expects for the header.

One thing you can do is to open the image in photo processing program. Make a small change and save it as a different name. That should put a non cell phone header in the new file.

Congratulations on your Best of Show.

Here is your nice image in a 3:4 format and with minor adjustments to pick up some detail in the shadow. This was processed through Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,031 Posts
I've got to put her in the shop and go over her and make sure she's ready for the season.

Smokey's going to the groomers? A girls gotta look good for car show season.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts