El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
1987 GMC Caballero, 350, Holley Sniper EFI, 200-4R
1,151 Posts
TCI traditionally makes good stuff. Bought mine from Summit Racing. It's not the cheapest available but, you can choose vacuum operated (hands free), full control and something in between.
I wanted to ensure no issues, incase someone else is driving... which she might.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
It was a nice day & 3 hrs before sunset. So, I decided to change the heater core.
NOT a 3 hr job! A little clean up & fresh paint it will complete tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Spent the morning at the junkyard. Found a 16" temporary spare off a GMC Sonoma. Took a section of each bed side & taillights. (I've been rear ended 4 times) I have the blank roll pan, to replace the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving
Yesterday I spent the morning online (Pace performance & Rock Auto) before sorting through the various fasteners to install the exhaust manifolds. I think I have the drivers side dialed in and almost had the other when the wife sent me to buy a pie and when I got back she wanted me to Bar-B-Q... I'll be back at it Black Friday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Back to what have you done to an el camino or in my case a Caballero...
I found out something great! 11 months ago, when I started my project, it was not tough at all to remove the inner fenders. Yesterday I found out installing the inner fenders was not as easy as the removal. I finished the fuel line hook up and hung all of the gear on the inner fenders. Almost time for fluids.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Rock Auto delivered my air shocks. The gas shocks and new coil springs did not provide the stance I was hoping for. So, back on jack stands.
Before I change the shocks, I routed my wiring and mounted the ECM for the Holley Sniper EFI

1 - 20 of 142 Posts