El Camino Central Forum banner

What have you done to your El Camino today!

718K views 7K replies 689 participants last post by  Indianjohn 
Fabricated, drilled and bolted upper & lower angle iron braces behind my front roll pan; eliminating the front bumper. 87 Caballero

TCI traditionally makes good stuff. Bought mine from Summit Racing. It's not the cheapest available but, you can choose vacuum operated (hands free), full control and something in between.
I wanted to ensure no issues, incase someone else is driving... which she might.

It was a nice day & 3 hrs before sunset. So, I decided to change the heater core.
NOT a 3 hr job! A little clean up & fresh paint it will complete tomorrow...

Spent the morning at the junkyard. Found a 16" temporary spare off a GMC Sonoma. Took a section of each bed side & taillights. (I've been rear ended 4 times) I have the blank roll pan, to replace the bumper.

Happy Thanksgiving
Yesterday I spent the morning online (Pace performance & Rock Auto) before sorting through the various fasteners to install the exhaust manifolds. I think I have the drivers side dialed in and almost had the other when the wife sent me to buy a pie and when I got back she wanted me to Bar-B-Q... I'll be back at it Black Friday afternoon.

Wired my headlight relay system. Rolled back most of the original headlight wiring to run the relay wiring in the original tubing and tuck it away.

Back to what have you done to an el camino or in my case a Caballero...
I found out something great! 11 months ago, when I started my project, it was not tough at all to remove the inner fenders. Yesterday I found out installing the inner fenders was not as easy as the removal. I finished the fuel line hook up and hung all of the gear on the inner fenders. Almost time for fluids.

Hahaha
At the end of the day it was adult beverages.
Transmission, power steering, coolant and gasoline are in order for the Caballero

Rock Auto delivered my air shocks. The gas shocks and new coil springs did not provide the stance I was hoping for. So, back on jack stands.
Before I change the shocks, I routed my wiring and mounted the ECM for the Holley Sniper EFI