El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4495 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME TRYING TO FIND THE SOURCE OF A STRANGE INTERMITTENT SOUND IN MY DRIVE TRAIN.iT WAS 94 DEGREES HERE TODAY SO PATIENCE RAN SHORT. I ALSO NOTICED A SLIGHT VIBRATION ON MY HURST SHIFTER AS I DRIVE DOWN THE HIGHWAY. I AM GOING TO HAVE IT CHECKED FOR BALANCE AFTER A BLASTING OR HAVE A NICE ALUMINUM SHAFT MADE.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Still waiting for my new floor pans to welded in, waiting for dry weather to come too to go back to work so that i can drop more money in'er. oh and got all interior pieces painted yesterday black and smoke gray combination

·
Registered
177 Posts
Reading this thread makes me feel lazy because I'm not doing anything drastic, and smart because I bough a mechanically sound car :nanawrench:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Last week I installed a t56 trans and new headers yesterday I changed valve cover gaskets

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
You are tempting the "breakdown gods" when you make such smug comments ! Lol

'smart because i bought a mechanically sound car.' nothing lasts forever

the chances are some day when i am sitting around sipping on a cold brew watching nhra videos you will be fixing your ride !! .

·
TrannyMike
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Reading this thread makes me feel lazy because I'm not doing anything drastic, and smart because I bough a mechanically sound car :nanawrench:
Many posters on this thread have mechanically sound cars, but enjoy modifying or improving on what they've got. Others enjoy restoring a car that may have seen better days in the past. Miller why don't you show us what you've got? :beer:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Today i tried to start mine up to move her , She wouldnt crank... got angry , kicked the wall.. hurt my foot.... put her in neutral and gave a good push to the rear bumper and let her roll forward.. Just to notice that i never put the starter back on.... oy vey

^BTW , she didnt even start when i bolted the starter back on... So truly , **** this engine , im gonna drop the 350 in anyway.. " having some minor problems getting the 4.3 to run correctly... "

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I just walked out to the garage to kiss my elkys goodnight and lock the doors. I always tuck them in at night !

·
TrannyMike
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I bought a pair of Infinity 3.5 inch speakers that I hope to put in tomorrow. They will replace the old original dash speakers and complete my system. I'll report tomorrow how easy or hard they are to replace. :beer:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I flipped mine the bird on the way through the garage today. Does that count? lol. I thought id be cool, and throw a 180 Oreillys thermostat in it for the street,instead of the restrictor, but it won't open till 220. That is not a fun thing to find out when your in a hurry, and late for a cruise nite that you promised everyone you would show up to in this car. I made it there and home, but cruise I did not.:frown2: Saved me the $6.70/gallon fuel though I guess .

·
Premium Member
12,123 Posts
I actually did some work on my Elco today. I installed the channels in the upper door ways where the roof-rail weather strip gets glued in. They are installed with a .032" X 1 1/4 wide rubber seal strip between the channels and the body. The drip rails go over the channels. Not too bad a job.........
Had to buy a whole roll of the seal strip, enough for ten cars I think .

·
Registered
206 Posts
I changed out the shift lever / arm on the Powerglide. It was originally set up for hard linkage, instead of the cable. I`m nervous putting my hands into an automatic tranny....but it all worked out o.k.:beer:

Hasbeen

·
TrannyMike
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I just walked out to the garage to kiss my elkys goodnight and lock the doors. I always tuck them in at night !
I know how you feel and I'm sure others feel the same. Gotta show our elky's some love, LOL. :beer:

21 - 40 of 4495 Posts