El Camino Central Forum banner

4101 - 4120 of 4499 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wheels

I just bought 4 rims for my Caballero, they came off an El Camino, I found them on Craigslist $150. Some rust and they need to be freshened up. I finished one, three to go. I'm trying to get it back to stock.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Dave I went to a Pull & Pay looked at all the Blazers
from the 90s 2 screws unplug your good to go, I took one
off walked around to see if there was a cleaner one.
Bought it on a 1/2 price weekend cost $2.57 tax included

Russ

·
Registered
557 Posts
I answered a CL ad of a guy selling a 5th gen.very good and straight tailgate for $30 O.B.O.. Decided to get an extra one just in case i need it. Met the guy at a local shopping center and he showed up with the tailgate and 3 engines in the back of his truck. he had to clean up his garage and was gonna donate 2 of them to a auto hobby shop. Was getting ready to offer him $20 and i asked what other elky parts you got. so he pulls out a front bumper and a pair of perfect top bed side S.S. trim moldings. he said what would you offer for all 3, i said i got $30, he said sold! More funny is i got all of it in my old '73 toyota corona, got the trunk closed and still had room left on the inside plus had my surf rack on top! lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just installed a brake light led strobe module for the third brake light to get texters or whoever else's attention. It blinks 3 times fast then 3 times slow then to full light. Only cost $10 with shipping. I really don't want to get rear-ended again. It's no fun with whip lash.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Washed the 68 and took it for a spin. Came home, mopped up the antifreeze on the passenger floor mat and ordered some parts. After hunting season, new shocks, tuning and I start body work.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Jacked the rear end up and tightened the exhaust and what ever else I could see. Adjusted the rear brakes, weird how the drivers side wears out faster then the passenger side, I have no self adjusters, I can't find original GM self adjusters, the after market ones are real cheap..

The car seems to run better with the exhaust tightened and not leaking, it sounds much better. Some times I wish I had mufflers a little louder then the Dynomax super turbos.. I'm tempted to get those long 40" glass packs. They should be on the quiet side yet have a rumble..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jacked the rear end up and tightened the exhaust and what ever else I could see. Adjusted the rear brakes, weird how the drivers side wears out faster then the passenger side, I have no self adjusters, I can't find original GM self adjusters, the after market ones are real cheap..

The car seems to run better with the exhaust tightened and not leaking, it sounds much better. Some times I wish I had mufflers a little louder then the Dynomax super turbos.. I'm tempted to get those long 40" glass packs. They should be on the quiet side yet have a rumble..

I love my glass packs. Not too loud cruising but they sing real nice when I get into it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks Pugsy.. Which ones do you have?

Hold it, sorry. I just remembered. With my 327 I had a drone sound coasting down around 1200 RPM's and lower. When I swapped the 5.3, it was good after that.
Thrush, 2-1/2" about 24" long.
The 327 had stock cast iron manifolds.
The 5.3 has 2014 Camaro iron manifolds.

Not sure if it was the manifolds or the engine that took away the drone.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Now the fronts match the rears.

In what can best be described as a complete waste of money, I swapped out my ‘68 factory disc brakes for a set of Wilwood disc brakes. Ever since adding the Strange rear with the Wilwood discs things just didn’t look proper with the big cast iron calipers up front. So to protect my fragile ego...

Attachments

4101 - 4120 of 4499 Posts