El Camino Central Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4218 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Cool Rick. How is it set up?
I'll take pictures as soon as I can get back out to the shop. Have some family stuff that is priority this week. And besides 1-It's COLD out there 2- May take me at least that long to decipher the Forum changes. ( I can't seem to find the last 8 Pages of Rick's 70 Resurection thread.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
new paint and motor 565.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I started up the 78 today. The fuel had drained out of the carburetor. So it took a little longer to get fuel up to the carburetor with the mechanical fuel pump. The battery didn't have any problems. Still need to check what makes the battery drain sometimes.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Just took her for a quick drive to the post office to drop off bills and Christmas cards! I still can't get over the second gear shift shoving the seat forward under my pants! This is the funnest car I've had since my big block 'Cuda over 30 years ago!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm finally back to work on it! After helping my son replace the front clip on his S-10 (from his "fender bender") and working in the PA/New Jersey area for a couple of weeks, I finally got back to replacing the defective aftermarket oil pan! I sandblasted, cleaned and repainted the original 327 oil pan, installed it and have no steering clearance issues now. Since I'm changing from the hydraulic throw-out bearing to the mechanical linkage, I had to change to the 153 tooth flywheel and 10.5 inch clutch and pressure plate to fit the original bellhousing on it. The Muncie 4 speed is bolted back in, the headers are painted Flameproof silver now and my checklist to starting it back up is getting shorter!

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Thank you. Here is a picture of the passenger side. I need to get some conduit for the driver's side, to get the wires from cruise control system contained.

4141 - 4160 of 4218 Posts