El Camino Central Forum banner

4621 - 4640 of 4688 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ordered up a patch of material I am contemplating using as a center for my seats and door panel inserts when I do the interior. I'm still debating, the interior will be black and tan.

Attachments

Reactions: 5spdCab

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ordered up a patch of material I am contemplating using as a center for my seats and door panel inserts when I do the interior. I'm still debating, the interior will be black and tan.
That is going to be a really nice looking contrast to the solid black and tan colors. Good choice!

·
Registered
295 Posts
killed the transmission in the elcamino yesterday. that sucked. i guess next up will be figuring out which way i want to go transmission wise.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Went to pull the carb from my 87 yesterday. Wouldn't you know whomever worked on it prior was 99¢ short of a Dollar. The fuel line to filter nut was twisted and angled, and seriously over-tightened to stop any resultant leak. Needless to say, moment I touched it with a wrench, the 90° on the hard pipe twisted up like a pretzel, forcing me to break out the Sawzall. Fun times on a gas line full of fuel.

Naturally, the carb is off to MountainMan, but that carb supposedly had a fresh rebuild. Yeah, don't think so from the looks underneath and the way it is behaving, or it was done by someone clueless about Quadrajets.

Hoping it doesn't take a miracle, be nice to keep it original.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Am sure that it will be fine by the time it comes back from Arkansas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
TCI traditionally makes good stuff. Bought mine from Summit Racing. It's not the cheapest available but, you can choose vacuum operated (hands free), full control and something in between.
I wanted to ensure no issues, incase someone else is driving... which she might.

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
Took it for a test drive today. The speedometer never went past 20 mph. Back to checking back with Rostra.

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
I ordered the part from Rostra. I don't know for sure if this will solve the problem with the speedometer. I hope it does. I bought the Rostra cruise control used. I'm still learning.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I painted the drivers side last Sunday.

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
I ordered the part from Rostra. I don't know for sure if this will solve the problem with the speedometer. I hope it does. I bought the Rostra cruise control used. I'm still learning.
It's ordered, but don't know when it'll get to me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It was a nice day & 3 hrs before sunset. So, I decided to change the heater core.
NOT a 3 hr job! A little clean up & fresh paint it will complete tomorrow...

4621 - 4640 of 4688 Posts