El Camino Central Forum banner

4681 - 4700 of 4735 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
The wheels look awesome. Your El Camino is looking great also. You showed us your 79 Nissan. I have an 86 that's a King Cab also.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
DROVE IT HOME!

20201128_080755.jpg
20201128_081346.jpg

Took a picture of it in MY driveway and parked it in MY garage for the first time in 4 years. (y)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
man, I haven't seen an exposed rafter garage roof like that in probably 40 years. and you painted it and the fluorescents so it wasn't so obvious. (y)
pop riveted the diamond plate but something is peeling up. looks like you have a blue PEX air compressor supply line going over the wall. and what is that hanging slider thing on the right side where the middle fluorescent light would be?

and I just noticed you're missing a passenger seat!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
looks like you have a blue PEX air compressor supply line going over the wall. and what is that hanging slider thing on the right side where the middle fluorescent light would be?
Air line is actually PCV coated aluminum tubing (RapidAir I think it is called). I have a piece of EMT conduit above the rafters and there is a set of floor mats hanging from it along with "Tank" straps I use to tie my bike down and a tool vest I used to wear at work. The wife was kind enough to paint the rafters, I just have not gotten around to re-attaching some of the wiring to the rafters yet.

Reactions: cyberray

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
you got the good stuff. our local late model PnP is having 50% off this weekend, so I'm going to see what they got for my for my family's daily drivers
I ordered new axle bearings, seals, entire differential rebuild kit, and radiator hoses. gonna beef up that rear end!
well, I didn't get to go to the jyard because we had a cold front sweep in. sure it was in the low 60's with partially clear skies, but when you add in a breezy N-NW chill wind. that just makes it a miserable day at the yard

on the other hand did get my parts delivered!:)

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

Finally found a clear coat I like. Now to paint the rest of it, cut and glaze to finish.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

these are the before shots.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Reactions: 5spdCab and Crs59

·
Registered
16 Posts
Motor to the machine shop, bought my T10 for a TH300 swap. There were 2 rods down to copper, and it was full of carbon, I had to scrape cyl wall to get pistons out, glad I decided to rebuild. I am adding a set of ported Enforcer heads, and some other machine work. Should be mid 300's hp when done. Want a nice puddle jumper but a good driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered up a Gear Vendors over-drive unit. Being built this week and should arrive next week in time for Christmas. The wife is going to be very surprised when she opens that gift. :D

Also ordered up a PCS push button shifter with paddles. So, excited for this project to upgrade the TH400 tranny. I should be able to handle all the work except driveshft cut and balance.

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
I started the Elk today. I try to start it up so fuel doesn't mess up the fuel system. It ran well.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Drove mine to Kroger's used it as a grocery getter today . Now iam back to working on my speaker box.

4681 - 4700 of 4735 Posts