Premium Member
403 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oooo Shiney 👍Any plans on dropping that nose some?

All I did today was replace the t-stat, OP had stuck a 160 in there like it was a good thing. New plugs, wires, cap and coil, hopefully this weekend. Jegs did awesome at communication and shipping, wires are sitting here waiting on the rest from Rockauto. These 8mm Taylor's should do a better job than the Dollar store 7mm that's on there now.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
It looks beautiful and awesome. Great job.
Thanks, I still need to compound and glaze it. It cost less than $300 to do myself vs taking to a shop.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Oooo Shiney 👍Any plans on dropping that nose some?

All I did today was replace the t-stat, OP had stuck a 160 in there like it was a good thing. New plugs, wires, cap and coil, hopefully this weekend. Jegs did awesome at communication and shipping, wires are sitting here waiting on the rest from Rockauto. These 8mm Taylor's should do a better job than the Dollar store 7mm that's on there now.
I leveled the back, so now the back sits half an inch higher than the front. Working on getting dash upholstery done to match seats and new center console that I’m building mold for.

·
Registered
201 Posts
She's gonna be a work of art when she's done, should take a bunch of pics and post them in a build log, it's always cool to see custom made stuff and how it looks when it's finished, but the process is far more interesting. And there's always someone who has a neat little trick or word of advice, to help out.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
She's gonna be a work of art when she's done, should take a bunch of pics and post them in a build log, it's always cool to see custom made stuff and how it looks when it's finished, but the process is far more interesting. And there's always someone who has a neat little trick or word of advice, to help out.
I may do a right up of my resto mod when complete. I’m not a purist and have a unique vision for this truck. Performance to my specifications might not be to everyone’s liking, but it’s been a pure joy to drive and see this dream take shape.

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
I started up the Elk again today. It's been a couple weeks since I last started it. It took a while since the fuel drained from the carburetor. It started and ran well, without jumping it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I suppose I should start mine up too.

Reactions: Rj143

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I started up the Elk again today. It's been a couple weeks since I last started it. It took a while since the fuel drained from the carburetor. It started and ran well, without jumping it.
I drive mine every day it doesn’t rain. Yesterday I picked up an 81 dash from a local yard after work. Today after work I am dropping it off at a custom Upholstery shop to be set in black leather with red stitching. She sleeps in a heated garage at night and has no problem starting without a choke in the morning. I think the weather in Texas is great for classic cars.

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
I drive mine every day it doesn’t rain. Yesterday I picked up an 81 dash from a local yard after work. Today after work I am dropping it off at a custom Upholstery shop to be set in black leather with red stitching. She sleeps in a heated garage at night and has no problem starting without a choke in the morning. I think the weather in Texas is great for classic cars.
That's very cool. That's going to be a cool interior. I have a vehicle, that's broke down for a bit, blocking me from getting the Elk out. I hope I can get it figured out soon so I can drive the Elk.
Rich

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
on MLK day I was finally able to get back out to where my Elkie is stored to finish up work and I FINALLY GOT SOME STUFF DONE!

With the slightly freezing weather we've had on/off here in Central Tx, I was finally able to get some of the old plain water out of the radiator and a gallon of distilled water and a gallon of anti-freeze into it. Not knowing how long it takes for a block full of plain water to freeze and crack a block, I was getting rather concerned and hoping we wouldn't have a cold spell stretch.

The other thing that I was able to do was to finally get the front clip off the '84 Cutlass Supreme! It's not quite as easy as they make it sound but we got it done. The good news about that is I now have some extra parts to part out from that beast before sending it off to the metal recycler. It has jounce bars, front sway bar, a chrome lower windshield trim piece, a 307 Olds engine, vacuum ball, and a few other things that might be shareable with an elkie.

4721 - 4736 of 4736 Posts