·
Premium Member
438 Posts
All installed in truck now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
That's the same one that I have. I love mine. It looks very nice. Great job on it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Again, I will show my ignorance. What are those "puppies"?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Again, I will show my ignorance. What are those "puppies"?
The four gauges in the middle of the instrument cluster connect to these metal pinch points. The circuit transfers signal to those metal clips in the middle so that fuel, temp, oil pressure and battery can be read. Doing the refit for my custom center console now. Will give it a leather treatment with red stitching to match dash and seats next week. It will be a two piece console when it’s done and these parts are going to be remade and are used for positioning.

Reactions: 5spdCab

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
The four gauges in the middle of the instrument cluster connect to these metal pinch points. The circuit transfers signal to those metal clips in the middle so that fuel, temp, oil pressure and battery can be read. Doing the refit for my custom center console now. Will give it a leather treatment with red stitching to match dash and seats next week. It will be a two piece console when it’s done and these parts are going to be remade and are used for positioning.

I am using black acrylic for the faceplate covering touch screen radio and for the plate located near the shifter and cup holders.

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
I am using black acrylic for the faceplate covering touch screen radio and for the plate located near the shifter and cup holders.

Great job. It's looking very nice.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sweet ride. You can be proud of your work...................................

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok, the big weekend is over and I accomplished some major projects. I will detail items #2, 4 and 5, separately on my modz page.

1. Got the car back from the shop. They pulled the motor to install an oil pan, oil pump and replace some seals and freeze plugs to stop all the leaks. The car now vibrates and we think it is the flex plate. So, it goes back tomorrow and since they have to pull back the tranny I am going to have them install a new Hughes GM5TOW 1800rpm torque converter. They also did something to lock up the Lokar dipstick, so hopefully they can remove it, but they likely have to buy a new one. These are not cheap. I was really bummed about this.

2. Rolled the rear fenders for tire clearance. I still have to roll out the front inner fenders. It takes time, but man it works great when you have the right tool. No more fender rubbing in the back.

Driver side rear

Passenger Side Rear

3. Adjusted exhaust system to stop a thumping sound that would occur on occasions.

4. Installed Yukon 3.73 rear gears and went for a 100 mile break-in. I learned lots here. I will share some of my experiences to help others and to remind myself of some importants tips for when I work on my wife's Wrangler differentials.This will be on my modz page.

This is the first time I was able to successfully complete a rear end gear swap. The previous time I installed Yukon 3.08 gears but the diff was out of the car and I did not have the skill or tools to do the work so half way through the job I took the rear end to the shop to set the bearings, pinion depth and backlash. This time I did it all by myself. It only took my about 20 hours. ;) But, I spent about 6 hours trying to set the final pinion crush sleve. I could not move it with my air 1200cfm impact wrench. I had to take a break to think it over and I came to the conclusion that it was not the tool but rather the air compressor was not powerful enough. I bought an electric impact wrench for $80 rated at 400cfm and this did the job just fine! It even cost less than my fancy air impact wrench that I bought just fro this job.

Pattern looked great on the first setup. Lucky there. But I did spend hours calculating and measuring all my shims.

5. Installed a new black ribbed TH400 tranny pan.

Gotta have some bling

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Ok, the big weekend is over and I accomplished some major projects. I will detail items #2, 4 and 5, separately on my modz page.

1. Got the car back from the shop. They pulled the motor to install an oil pan, oil pump and replace some seals and freeze plugs to stop all the leaks. The car now vibrates and we think it is the flex plate. So, it goes back tomorrow and since they have to pull back the tranny I am going to have them install a new Hughes GM5TOW 1800rpm torque converter. They also did something to lock up the Lokar dipstick, so hopefully they can remove it, but they likely have to buy a new one. These are not cheap. I was really bummed about this.

2. Rolled the rear fenders for tire clearance. I still have to roll out the front inner fenders. It takes time, but man it works great when you have the right tool. No more fender rubbing in the back.

Driver side rear
View attachment 136725

Passenger Side Rear
View attachment 136726

3. Adjusted exhaust system to stop a thumping sound that would occur on occasions.

4. Installed Yukon 3.73 rear gears and went for a 100 mile break-in. I learned lots here. I will share some of my experiences to help others and to remind myself of some importants tips for when I work on my wife's Wrangler differentials.This will be on my modz page.

This is the first time I was able to successfully complete a rear end gear swap. The previous time I installed Yukon 3.08 gears but the diff was out of the car and I did not have the skill or tools to do the work so half way through the job I took the rear end to the shop to set the bearings, pinion depth and backlash. This time I did it all by myself. It only took my about 20 hours. ;) But, I spent about 6 hours trying to set the final pinion crush sleve. I could not move it with my air 1200cfm impact wrench. I had to take a break to think it over and I came to the conclusion that it was not the tool but rather the air compressor was not powerful enough. I bought an electric impact wrench for $80 rated at 400cfm and this did the job just fine! It even cost less than my fancy air impact wrench that I bought just fro this job.

Pattern looked great on the first setup. Lucky there. But I did spend hours calculating and measuring all my shims.
View attachment 136727

5. Installed a new black ribbed TH400 tranny pan.

Gotta have some bling
View attachment 136728

View attachment 136729
That’s a ton of work for one weekend. You really knocked it out of the park!

Reactions: sdcerreta

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Modified, fitted and painted the cowl induction air cleaner. Started the arm rest build. Relocated the FAST ignition box, installed and reconnected the new battery. Started installation of the new backup camera. Organized clutter from the floor of the garage to the shelves.

AND installed the axles in my 9" rearend (Camaro not Camino)

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
Kyle, What is the total height above top of carb for your new air cleaner setup?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Tuesday morning I hopped into the Caballero to go to work, and the car would not start. I thought that maybe I had a low battery again. Since my driveway is sloped, I rolled downhill and popped the clutch, went on my merry way to work, and parked. I tested to see if it would start, no joy. After work, I opened the hood to check out the situation. The smaller wire had pulled off of the solenoid, but because of the headers and heat shield, I was unable to get it back on. A co-worker helped me to push start, and I was able to get home to repair it. I had to wait about 30-45 minutes for things to cool off some, but I got the wire back on again, and I used a small hose clamp to bind the small wire and the larger cable together to prevent the small wire from pulling off again. While down under, I noticed that the bottom passenger bolt to the motor mount was very loose. It is most likely that I forgot to tighten it back up last summer when I wrestled with the headers as I installed the mini starter.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You have an enviable fleet......................

·
Registered
882 Posts
What is the square box on top of the supercharger? It appears to have an air intake attached to it. Could be a filter box with two hoses coming out or going into it. Maybe some sort of inner cooler.
OK, I am ignorant, at least about that. It's just that I have never seen anything like that.

4861 - 4880 of 4917 Posts