El Camino Central Forum banner
5381 - 5396 of 5396 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got the new tensioner bracket made up and a different tensioner form a Crown Vic installed. Tested it today and seems good. Does not even wiggle a bit.

Wood Bumper Automotive tire Machine tool Gas

Wood Gas Vise Machine Metal

I dropped the one I was running down in there with the new one. The old one was a toy.
It was designed to tighten up a belt that was for only the AC compressor, not the AC, ALT, WP and PS. Live and learn..........

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Carbon Automotive design

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
I am starting to wonder if I could use Cowl Induction Hood Pins as the hold downs for the Craftec bed cover.
Kind of match the rear to the front.

·
Premium Member
1979 Royal Knight Elcamino SS
25 Posts
Put my Ford 9" in this weekend. Went right in nice. The 3.25:1 posi works really good. I can burn the 255s for 50' with the stock early 70s 350 4 barrel. Felt really good about it, seemed real strong despite the lame 200 metric trans- but it works fair if I manually shift it. Figured it would be sub 15 second quarter mile cuz it seems to run decent for what it is...... haha damn was I wrong. I downloaded an app that records a 1/4 mile [email protected] was the best I could get. That was with spinning for 20' on the holeshot, but still quite disappointed with that dismal performance. That calculates to approximately only 180hp👎 Might be the 2" single exhaust with OEM muffler, with 305 log style manifolds including heat riser. Haha sure felt better than that! Maybe I don't have enough stickers in the back window..haha.idk
Oh well. Was gonna wait til next year to put in my 406 and 400 trans, but might do it next weekend, cuz can't have the mighty Royal Knight with such meager performance.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Plant Road surface Asphalt Tar Tree

5381 - 5396 of 5396 Posts