El Camino Central Forum banner
5881 - 5900 of 5937 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,188 Posts
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel

Wood Composite material Gas Tints and shades Flooring

Wood Tints and shades Automotive exterior Automotive design Hardwood

Here is pictures of the A pillar on the passenger side, showing the spots that were there.
Bumper Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive tire Fender Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive wheel system

Hood Wood Material property Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Here are the pictures after I painted it with the SEM paint.

·
Registered
87 Caballero Amarillo, original 305/200-4R, QJ
1,155 Posts
Your weatherstripping looks so much better than what's on mine, the bends at the corner with the wind knob on mine look kinked and crushed in comparison, not smooth like yours.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Took off peeling bumpers. While I was at it took off entire grill section, headlight buckets and eye brow trim. Gong to touch up paint and replace grill with SS grill and new headlight trim, and add trim along the lower valance. Fix wiring at the rear of car before reinstalling bumper. This should keep me busy for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yesterday I reinstalled headlight and grill support along with lower valance. My El Camino never had the trim kit for the lower valance, I laid out the trim along the valance and marked the mounting screw locations. I made template to mark locations to drill holes for mounting and installed the lower valance trim. Called it a day and will install grill and remaining trim today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,188 Posts
I started up the 78 Elk again today and it ran great. Hadn't started it up for a few days. The fuel gauge is still above a quarter tank. Want it to be lower before I install the Sniper EFI system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finalized a Classic Dash and Custom Autosound stereo install. This one was A BEAST! While I already had the gauges, I had to swap the Tach and speedo from where they were in the previous dash, cut the blank for the stereo without it looking too terrible. My man and I worked on a custom mount for the 4x10 in the dash INCLUDING the radio strap and its mounting points. WORTH IT.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

5881 - 5900 of 5937 Posts